• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simultaneous contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simultaneous contracts

Hi, is there any specific wording (or in roundabout legal speak) in a contract that would say you can only work for the company stated in the contract until the contract ends?

I'm running as a limited company so surely I can do whatever I want and work for whoever I like at the same time if I have the capacity / time.

JH

You mean something like "The contractor undertakes to only supply services to the aforementioned end client for the duration of this project" Yes. There could be something like that in a contract.

Why do you ask?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well there will be the working times so if it says 8 hours a day 5 days a week you dont have much time to work anywhere else. Its likely there is something to say you cant work for a competitor or supplier od your client. You might think you can work for whoever you want but you are a supplier to a client and have to appreciate your client wont want you working on the same type of project for a competitor etc.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Was more thinking I have a Saturday and Sunday if an opportunity came up for more work and current client and contract is 5 days only and they don't want to pay for 6 or 7 days a week.

So, it's client/contract specific. Some will be ok, others not so.

Ta

Comment

I have told clients (and even employers) to take that out in the past.

However in terms of clients they have a right to put in an anti-competition clause plus make you agree to do certain hours for them. So for example if they are Sainsburys you can't do work for Tesco at the same time, but you can do some work for random local printing firm.

Yes it is possible to two or more contracts at the same time but I wouldn't advise it unless all the contracts are part-time, or your company uses employees or subcontractors to fulfill the rest of them.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ta for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Well there will be the working times so if it says 8 hours a day 5 days a week you dont have much time to work anywhere else. Its likely there is something to say you cant work for a competitor or supplier od your client. You might think you can work for whoever you want but you are a supplier to a client and have to appreciate your client wont want you working on the same type of project for a competitor etc.
              Holy permie mentality, batman!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                has a permietractor hacked NLUKs account?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                  has a permietractor hacked NLUKs account?
                  Ahh back to trolling. Normal service has resumed.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X