• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gone permy advice on what to do with ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone permy advice on what to do with ltd company

So ive gone from contracting to permie and still paying my accountants a monthly fee for my company.

Now id rather keep the company but im not doing anything with it - i dont want to be paying fees for accountants as theres not much left in the company pot and nothing new coming in but on the other hand i know nothing about doing the accountancy stuff myself

Anyone know the best option for me?

Ask your accountant about making it dormant. Many accountants will change their charging structure if there you are in the bench so maybe you accountant can charge you a minimal amount to empty it out and then just be on call when you start again.

https://www.gov.uk/dormant-company/d...orporation-tax

Any reason you want to keep it open? Not worth closing just to put any unknowns to bed?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just close it and be done with it. It's not like you can't start a new one in the space of an hour if you need it.

Comment

I never got round to making mine dormant. My experience is that contractors who go permie last about a year before they hear the contracting call again.

Comment

...or get fed up with the politics and bulltulip they didnt have to deal with while contracting so they return...

Comment

The dormant fee is currently 60 a month which I don't really want to pay

I am happy to close but I have company logo etc - would I be able to keep company name if I opened it again?

Comment

Originally posted by sjk999 View Post
              The dormant fee is currently 60 a month which I don't really want to pay

I am happy to close but I have company logo etc - would I be able to keep company name if I opened it again?
              Not if someone else has taken the company name, no.

Comment

If you're not prepared to do the work yourself, which is what I did, then close it. Paying £60 per month is ridiculous.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Forget the £60/month. Sounds like an excellent reason for closing it down and claiming entrepreneur's relief, no?
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    Forget the £60/month. Sounds like an excellent reason for closing it down and claiming entrepreneur's relief, no?
                    He did say there is nothing left and claiming ER has the ambiguity of the new rules associated with it.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X