• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Questions to ask during interview to filter out tulip clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I sit around drinking coffee a lot, I ask about the chairs and the coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
      I was recently asked the classic question 'what are you hoping to get from this role' question. I thought it was odd to ask a contractor that and basically replied it wasn't their job to do anything for me.
      did you get the role after that flippant answer?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I was recently asked the classic question 'what are you hoping to get from this role' question.
        1. My invoices paid on time
        2. An extension (if I am happy in the role)
        3. Challenges that make me think, allow me to apply past experiences, and learn for the future

But mostly 1.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          1. My invoices paid on time
          2. An extension (if I am happy in the role)
          3. Challenges that make me think, allow me to apply past experiences, and learn for the future

But mostly 1.
          Mainly 3. Failure to meet 1 would just result in me walking out (it hasn't happened because I'm careful managing agencies).

3 would be the deciding factor in me staying or going come renewal.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            did you get the role after that flippant answer?
            Yes but I didn't say it flippantly.

Comment

I was recently asked the classic question 'what are you hoping to get from this role' question. I thought it was odd to ask a contractor that and basically replied it wasn't their job to do anything for me.
              Not odd, they are working on your expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                Not odd, they are working on your expectations.
                It is odd. I have no idea what the rest of you put means. You are a supplier and you deliver what the client wants. You don't ask a builder what his expectations are when he comes to do your extension do you?

All your comments so far are totally permie focussed and don't look like contractor questions at all. You have no idea of IR35 and other methods of working in the UK so most of your advice is actually steering people in to trouble not away from it.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=northernladuk;2325037You don't ask a builder what his expectations are when he comes to do your extension do you?
                  [/QUOTE]

No. He does that at the annual performance review. Obviously.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    No. He does that at the annual performance review. Obviously.
                    You are a very naughty boy!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      It is odd. I have no idea what the rest of you put means. You are a supplier and you deliver what the client wants. You don't ask a builder what his expectations are when he comes to do your extension do you?

All your comments so far are totally permie focussed and don't look like contractor questions at all. You have no idea of IR35 and other methods of working in the UK so most of your advice is actually steering people in to trouble not away from it.
                      Rather than what I'd get from the role, I'd expect to be asked what problems, if any, I foresee with the project as described in order to see if I have had experience of these sort of projects before.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X