• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Logic...Any Reasoning ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Logic...Any Reasoning ?

So then, an agent rings me out of the blue, say they have come across my CV and have a role that I am an ideal match for and would like to discuss with me...they then go through my CV picking out areas and experiences that match, confirm that I am a perfect match for the role and we agree that rate that I would be happy to be submitted with....they then tell me who client is and that they are very keen to get my details over...and then say they will send me an email with their details on and ask my to kindly return agreeing to sole representation asap, which I am happy to do for this role.

Standard approach you would agree. However no email has been received from the agent and when I have rung up to find out what is going on my calls have not been returned.

Something has changed along the way and cannot fathom out why. Any logical explanation ?

The role was filled by another agency.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      The role was filled by another agency.
      But the email was going to be sent within the 'next few minutes' after we had spoken, so the role would have had to be filled between the agent speaking to me and about to send the email, which is a very (very) narrow window.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        But the email was going to be sent within the 'next few minutes' after we had spoken, so the role would have had to be filled between the agent speaking to me and about to send the email, which is a very (very) narrow window.
        Was that the whole conversation, or might it also have included disclosing references? If so, that's what they were actually after. The perfect match role never existed to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraut View Post
          Was that the whole conversation, or might it also have included disclosing references? If so, that's what they were actually after. The perfect match role never existed to begin with.
          Agreed.

Whether the role is a perfect match or not the agent will follow the same procedure.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

But why spend 20+mins courting me on the phone only for the subject of references to not even be raised ?

As I say it just doesn't make sense

Comment

Sometimes people just screw up. Busy people forget important stuff. It just could be it's a mistake.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Agent initials not jw are they? Had exact same from a newbie in the last couple of weeks. Plus fake jobs on a regular basis to build contact Base.
                Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Sometimes people just screw up. Busy people forget important stuff. It just could be it's a mistake.
                  If the candidate is that good match surely the agent does not forget to send on the email the moment they come off the phone ?! Again I just cannot see how this would be the case.

Originally posted by Intel View Post
                  Agent initials not jw are they? Had exact same from a newbie in the last couple of weeks. Plus fake jobs on a regular basis to build contact Base.
                  No the agents initials are not JW.

Comment

Can't believe you are making such a scene of it to be honest.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X