• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Alright Grandad, try watching a bit more of the Regular Show [emoji1]
    Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Just thought I'd throw this in re: Indians in general. Early days at work, limited access etc, had this Indian guy message me could I edit a Tomcat file for him since he didn't have root, so I did cos there's fook all else to do ATM, he was well impressed.

Thanked me for 'Doing a solid for him'...

Never heard that one but it's going on the list.....
      "Doing a solid" .. heard it a few times from American colleagues both here and in US. Never from Indian colleague though

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        Sounds smelly to me ...
        Depends where you put the solid

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
          Actually, I may have to backtrack.

Just had a conversation with a colleague who was hired by Truck Mahindra for a role with BT in Watford.

He was 4 weeks into a 6 monther when he was shown the door. He swears he was only brought in as a stop gap until they found an Indian replacement.
          Happens all the time. They usually get a local contractor in on a supposedly long term contract, set a few people to shadow the contractor and learn as much as possible and then at the first opportunity terminate the contract early. It is not just Tech Mahindra.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
            Happens all the time. They usually get a local contractor in on a supposedly long term contract, set a few people to shadow the contractor and learn as much as possible and then at the first opportunity terminate the contract early. It is not just Tech Mahindra.
            Indeed. Also one has to think why this kind of thing happens... It's because foreigners are cheap cost, and companies have only one motive - maximise the profits.
            So if you think like a business, and you were hiring people, this is exactly what you will also do. You, meaning, everyone here.

Generally contractors in here do not think like business, and they always assume it's got something to do with the people who are hired who are to blame, rather than the business that are doing this.
            But I won't blame the businesses either, since that is what everyone will do if they were business, rather than heing bums on seats.
            Just playing the devil's advocate here, to give a balanced view - considering this thread has become an Indians bashing thread - in a professional forum that too , rather than understanding the business motive behind all this that is driving it.
            Last edited by Milkyway; 8 September 2016, 19:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
              Indeed. Also one has to think why this kind of thing happens... It's because foreigners are cheap cost, and companies have only one motive - maximise the profits.
              So if you think like a business, and you were hiring people, this is exactly what you will also do. You, meaning, everyone here.

Generally contractors in here do not think like business, and they always assume it's got something to do with the people who are hired who are to blame, rather than the business that are doing this.
              But I won't blame the businesses either, since that is what everyone will do if they were business, rather than heing bums on seats.
              Just playing the devil's advocate here, to give a balanced view - considering this thread has become an Indians bashing thread - in a professional forum that too , rather than understanding the business motive behind all this that is driving it.
              It hasn't, that's just your simplistic interpretation.

You insult people on here by suggesting this, seeing as most of us fully understand the commercial drivers behind it.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
                Felix International is another one to watch out for
                Another one to watch for DAMCO operating out of Uxbridge or Ealing. I couldn't figure which is which. Phoned up Max £375 per day for senior Java developer contract in London, yesterday, when the median is between £440 and £480 from It Jobs Watch.

Comment

Avance Consulting

Originally posted by CompulsiveArsonist View Post
                  I keep getting calls from "Avance Consulting"
                  Me too, three times today, within minutes of each other, all with voicemails, each time a different agent from within Avance, all asking me about the same role. Role is with a consultancy in a big insurer, Horsham based, which has to be RSA, therefore the consultancy they are recruiting for I guess is Accenture. All broken English and very poorly represented in my opinion.

Comment

Did 18 months on a mail migration team working for a bank via HCL, bunch of cowboys. There were about 12 of us on the team, half would be paid, half not, lies untruths when asked why we hadn't been paid "the man that signs the authorisation is on holiday" I don't think they realised we all worked in one room. They subbed out a lot of work to Blackapple (I renamed Badapple) and some other cowboy Indian outfit whose name escapes me now. Ended up HCL got the order of the boot from the bank I worked for, and we had to go over to another agency en masse or walk. I still get calls from them in pidgeon English asking for updating company provided detailings ? They all work out of india despite coming through on UK numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew1201 View Post
                      Me too, three times today, within minutes of each other, all with voicemails, each time a different agent from within Avance, all asking me about the same role. Role is with a consultancy in a big insurer, Horsham based, which has to be RSA, therefore the consultancy they are recruiting for I guess is Accenture. All broken English and very poorly represented in my opinion.
                      Another company to add:

IBU Consulting Ltd, UK -- reportedly in Harrow

The standard form of the email request:

++ short job description ++

++ (background highlight: yellow) Please share the following details to consider your interest for this role. ++

Full Name:
                      Nationality:
                      Visa Details (If Applicable):
                      Contact No:
                      Email:
                      Current Company:
                      Current role (Permanent or Contract):
                      Notice Period:
                      Current Rate/Salary:
                      Expected Rate/Salary:
                      Total Experience:
                      Joining time after selection:
                      Current Location:

++ Looking forward to hearing from you soon. ++

I suppose you can also supply them with your tax number, UTR your mother's maiden name, and name of your first primary school.

Whatever.
                      Last edited by rocktronAMP; 24 November 2016, 16:25. Reason: context

Comment

Working...
                      X