+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 113
  1. #21

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks (Given)
    13
    Thanks (Received)
    73
    Likes (Given)
    333
    Likes (Received)
    505

    Default

    Yep, invariably goddamn awful.

  2. #22

    Banned


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    127
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Default

    Felix International is another one to watch out for

  3. #23

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    83
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    2
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default

    I wouldn't call it as a spam, but these Indian recruitment companies are clueless on how the UK market works and especially contracting. Because there is no such thing as contracting in India. Therefore their standard template asks annual salary (they tend to call it as CTC - Cost to Company, a weird terminology). And their rates are too low (I believe they multiply it with INR exchange rate and satisfy themselves it a good rate...lol) that I wouldn't get out of my bed even in dreams.

  4. #24

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    10,095
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    181
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itjobs View Post
    I wouldn't call it as a spam, but these Indian recruitment companies are clueless on how the UK market works and especially contracting. Because there is no such thing as contracting in India. Therefore their standard template asks annual salary (they tend to call it as CTC - Cost to Company, a weird terminology). And their rates are too low (I believe they multiply it with INR exchange rate and satisfy themselves it a good rate...lol) that I wouldn't get out of my bed even in dreams.
    CTC is not weird at all, it's actually a better measure than salary. A permie costs his employer a lot more than straight salary.

    Nevertheless, all such agencies are best avoided. They make most of our domestic ones look good.
    Blog? What blog...?

  5. #25

    Banned


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    127
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Nevertheless, all such agencies are best avoided. They make most of our domestic ones look good.
    A large insurer with whom I've had repeat business now uses an Indian agency as it's one preferred supplier.

    Nothing, of course, to do with the new Indian IT Programme Manager who calls the shots

    I hope this isn't the start of a new trend. Won't be long and the whole industry will be a closed shop.

    Hopefully, by then, I will have hung my keyboard up.
    Last edited by The Plantswoman; 26th August 2016 at 09:37.

  6. #26

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    24,280
    Thanks (Given)
    798
    Thanks (Received)
    800
    Likes (Given)
    3893
    Likes (Received)
    3317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    It looks like they are intensifying, the last few weeks I got calls on an almost daily basis from new ones I have never heard of before, as soon as I do get a call from them, I block their numbers, but they still get through to voicemail. They always send an email at the same time, no matter which agency, always the same email as the OP posted. Which makes me think they are all part of the same scamming organistaion.

    (Don't get fooled by their emails and calls, whatever it says, they are not based in the UK, they all call from boiler rooms in India)
    Their addresses are all buildings used for registered offices in strange parts of London, Birmingham etc.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  7. #27

    More time posting than coding

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    320
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    29
    Likes (Given)
    328
    Likes (Received)
    103

    Default

    None of these ever contact me ... I feel unloved
    I may not know Karate, but I know crazy and I'm not afraid to use it

  8. #28

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bremain land
    Posts
    1,362
    Thanks (Given)
    22
    Thanks (Received)
    55
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    255

    Default

    They have become a real pest over the last couple of days. Now also calling from what look like Birmingham numbers, also on the bankholiday (more proof they are actually calling from India else they would have known it was a bankholiday)

    Some examples from the last couple of days including bankholiday Monday
    Smartedge (3 different callers/emailers about the same role)
    Aguila same role as above
    L&G same role as above

    I now hang up immediately if I hear a strong Indian accent The blocked number list keeps growing and growing
    Last edited by Eirikur; 1st September 2016 at 07:56.

  9. #29

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default

    heh - I had a call about a role in Central London from one of these agencies

    Central London turned out to be in Welwyn Garden City!

  10. #30

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    24,280
    Thanks (Given)
    798
    Thanks (Received)
    800
    Likes (Given)
    3893
    Likes (Received)
    3317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    They have become a real pest over the last couple of days. Now also calling from what look like Birmingham numbers, also on the bankholiday (more proof they are actually calling from India else they would have known it was a bankholiday)

    Some examples from the last couple of days including bankholiday Monday
    Smartedge (3 different callers/emailers about the same role)
    Aguila same role as above
    L&G same role as above

    I now hang up immediately if I hear a strong Indian accent The blocked number list keeps growing and growing
    You can block but they will find you.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.