• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ThoughtWorks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client co is in West London.
    Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Saw one project nicely mismanaged to abyss. All usual stuff – pair programing etc. I would avoid Thoughworks. Before I met them I liked Agile .

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
        Client co is in West London.
        Phone operator, large retailer?
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
          I'm starting a project soon with this outfit at client co. After a couple of weeks of sitting down with them and seeing how they work. I have come to the conclusion that they are completely nuts.

They have sold client co 100% paired programming with swapping user stories and pairs every day.

Wear a Donald Trump t shirt to the office and watch them all retreat to their safe-spaces before their heads explode.

Comment

watch out for Steve Ross Talbot one of the biggest frauds in the business

Comment

Misogyny, slander and casual racism all in one thread.

And people thought CUK was going downhill, we've never had it so good

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Misogyny, slander and casual racism all in one thread.

And people thought CUK was going downhill, we've never had it so good
                Well I got rid of the misogyny and casual racism (and a little bit of bigotry there) in one post.

The slander stays though.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Its only slander if its not true, so we are on safe ground.

Comment

Weird. I thought I posted another one before.

I intend to avoid them in future. They are generally poor quality trading on a name they built for themselves when they were much smaller and agile was new. Absolute cargo-cult central, full of communists.

You'll find yourself working with sub-standard people who are there just because they're female or Arab or transexual, etc.

I.e. if you work with them (in my experience at least) you'll find yourself working in a culture of racism & sexism where people are objectified & employed accordingly, because they possess particular genitals or skin colour - rather than a meritocracy.

Generally very pleasant people so long as you keep things superficial.

Example of the kind of thinking that completely ignores the facts of reality:

https://www.thoughtworks.com/insight...tter&utm_term=

Imagine if being able to work part time meant that you suffered no pay detriment when compared to a full-time salary, and where your work was fulfilling and enabled you to grow. According to recent statistics, this would make a huge impact to reduce the pay gap for women.
                    Being paid less for less commitment is sexist. Apparently. Of course in reality (ignoring the fact it makes no economic sense) as soon as this became the norm fewer women would be employed because they would be all over the part-time working and in reality we all, for the most part, want people to be available full time.

Just like minimum wage hurts the poorest the most, this regressive social justice nonsense, ignoring the fallacy of it all, hurts the very people it ostensibly exists to benefit.

Trouble with thoughtworks is it's a big part of the interview process, and consequently you will be working alongside the biggest bigots in the industry.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Phone operator, large retailer?
                      Marketing and Events Company
                      Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Working...
                      X