• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ThoughtWorks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know someone who works there. Very well paid, and a lot of respect is given to technical expertise, which is rare in most organisations. They seem to work on leading/bleeding edge tech most of the time and never work on packages (SAP/IBM etc) as far as I know.

The hippy thing is correct too

Comment

Isn't this one a Gerry Anderson puppet?

https://www.thoughtworks.com/profiles/erin-cummins
      World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
        Isn't this one a Gerry Anderson puppet?

https://www.thoughtworks.com/profiles/erin-cummins

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
          I'm starting a project soon with this outfit at client co. After a couple of weeks of sitting down with them and seeing how they work. I have come to the conclusion that they are completely nuts.

They have sold client co 100% paired programming with swapping user stories and pairs every day.

As per my other thread, that is exactly the kind of thing I want to avoid like the plague.

Does pair programming mean you spend all of your time double teamed with somebody at the same desk?

Comment

Is the client co in Greater Manchester by any chance?

Comment

They tried to headhunt me a few years ago, I said NO.
              The guy was a bit taken aback, "You know you are being headhunted?"
              The answer is still NO.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                The answer is still NO.
                I get that all the time... Why don't you want to work for this Tier 1 global consultancy.....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post

Does pair programming mean you spend all of your time double teamed with somebody at the same desk?
                  it's definitely not supposed to be 100% of the time that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    The answer is still NO.
                    I thought you were a SAP consultant?

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
                      As per my other thread, that is exactly the kind of thing I want to avoid like the plague.

Pretty much from what I saw. One types, one proof reads as they type. It's an extension of waterfall's cost to fix versus when-detected graph - the sooner you detect something, the cheaper it is to fix it. In theory it makes your backseat driving programmer a permanent unit tester rather than an actual programmer. How much it actually reduces on test costs, I don't know, but I'd imagine that it varies between programming teams.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X