• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Contractor - Commercial Waste Disposal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Burn it.
    along with the witches - IGMC

Comment

Use your legal insurance to get a solicitor to tell the council to go forth and multiply.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        He's outside IR35, so all expenses are paid by my LTD Co.
        I used the beta of HMRC's Employment / LTD Co engagement test tool, so all above board .
        Does he sit, beg and roll over? All clear cases of SDC. Permadogtractor IMO.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
          along with the witches - IGMC
          and Wales - IGTheMatches.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Does he sit, beg and roll over? All clear cases of SDC. Permadogtractor IMO.
            He says he will pretty much do anything for the right money, sound familiar?
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              It is a good idea to because if you have an issue with the bank over charges you will find they suddenly don't have your records. Likewise bank statements can be used as proof of purchase.
              Then they would be in breach of the data protection act. I'm sure they would rather refund a bank charge than have to explain that to the ICO/PRA.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Burn it.
                Burn What?
                Wandsworth Council - might be a bit ott under the circumstances and seen as an act of aggression.
                The Bin Bag - He will probably get a Bill from the Fire Brigade for attendance, and a bigger one from the council for post fire damage road/pavement repairs.
                The Statements - Yep I agree with you on that that one, to quote the Goons (after 7 years):

BLOODNOK:
                Right, now, pack all that into the piano and burn it to ashes.

SEAGOON:
                To ashes?

BLOODNOK:
                Yes, they're much, much lighter to carry!

The Goon Show Site - Script - The International Christmas Pudding (Series 6, Episode 9)

Quick, surround Africa! ....
                So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                  Then they would be in breach of the data protection act. I'm sure they would rather refund a bank charge than have to explain that to the ICO/PRA.
                  Banks are always in trouble with the ICO so don't give a tulip.

I knew someone whose part of their job was to contact the ICO and admit how they, the bank, had f***ed up the Data Protection Act everyday.

All that happens is the person who gets screwed over has to either go to court or the financial ombudsman. If you don't have the evidence yourself proving your case with a judge or ombudsman is vitally impossible. So you need to get your own records for as long as you can.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Banks are always in trouble with the ICO so don't give a tulip.

I knew someone whose part of their job was to contact the ICO and admit how they, the bank, had f***ed up the Data Protection Act everyday.

All that happens is the person who gets screwed over has to either go to court or the financial ombudsman. If you don't have the evidence yourself proving your case with a judge or ombudsman is vitally impossible. So you need to get your own records for as long as you can.
                    It costs a bank around £400-500 if case goes to the financial ombudsman. If the value of the complaint is less than that, they'll nearly always just refund it.

Dunno about a court, but the ombudsman would also not look favourably on the bank if they did not keep records for the required time. Which is why there's been cases of banks offering settlements of a couple hundred to PPI claimants who never had an account with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X