• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FYI: Manchester Client insisting on IR35 caught contract terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
    For IR35 caught contracts, my starting price is about 30% more. If there is travel involved, then it's 50% more than the outside rate.
    Which will never happen.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Which will never happen.
      It's useful to educate clients.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Which will never happen.
        For some of us, it will

But nearly all my IR35 caught income goes into my pension pot anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Bum on Seat - permietractors who blindly sign contracts, aren't aware/bothered about IR35 other than asking the agent if the contract's IR35 friendly and accepting the answer, don't know about the new T&S stuff.
          I've got the impression 90% of all contractors fall into that definition.
          Almost every second contract I had to ask an agency to amend contract terms to a reasonable standard.
          Now I ask for their contract templates prior any permission from me.
          Both upper-tier (client-agency) and lower-tier (contractor-agency) contract templates.

Comment

Originally posted by FK1 View Post
            I've got the impression 90% of all contractors fall into that definition.
            Almost every second contract I had to ask an agency to amend contract terms to a reasonable standard.
            Now I ask for their contract templates prior any permission from me.
            Both upper-tier (client-agency) and lower-tier (contractor-agency) contract templates.
            Can't see an agency ever giving you the upper-tier contract. The business model is based on you not knowing what they charge you out at.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
              Can't see an agency ever giving you the upper-tier contract. The business model is based on you not knowing what they charge you out at.
              The contract doesn't necessarily and I'll bet in most cases doesn't include the rate. But he'll rarely get it as the contract between client and agent has nothing to do with the contractor, even if he argues it could screw his IR35 case up. He can ask though.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A contract template is not the same as the final agreed contract.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  A contract template is not the same as the final agreed contract.
                  Good point.

I was coming more from NLUK's angle that it's not your business, even if it is just a template. But I've also never asked though either.
                  Last edited by Antman; 2 August 2016, 21:44.

Comment

Good point.

I was coming more from NLUK's angle that it's not your business, even if it is just a template. But I've also never asked though either.
                    I've seen a couple of upper contract templates and parts of two upper contracts. I didn't specifically go out of my way to see them.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've learned the hard way that the gig isn't yours until your IR35-friendly contract is signed and you're sat at your allocated desk on client site. Get the contract checked and keep on the market until it's signed and you are at your start date.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X