• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting at Barclays- what checks do they carry out before you start work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Very general statement, do you know about all the recruitment there?

Quite often this is budgetary, there is always a separate budget for consultancies and contractors.
    In addition a consultancy can get bodies onsite tomorrow, no credit checks required.

Sad, but that's how it is.
    I agree that is very general statement. I am just reflecting what is happening in our department. I agree about budgetary issue, but that doesn't help much.
    By the way to get last batch of bodies from consultancy took 2 months, not sure about "tomorrow". But again that can be budgetary issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
      I agree that is very general statement. I am just reflecting what is happening in our department. I agree about budgetary issue, but that doesn't help much.
      By the way to get last batch of bodies from consultancy took 2 months, not sure about "tomorrow". But again that can be budgetary issue.
      I've contracted for 5 consultancies, been straight in after max 2 days.
      One of them, for a large investment bank, I was literally in the next day.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Barclays is replacing contractors with consultancies cause this is the JP way... they don't do contractors.

Since the new CEO was appointed last year, check how many JP guys (especially top executives) have joined.

And yeah, as many mentioned 5% cut per year for the next 3 years + 2 weeks furlough should rid of many contractors.

Was a permie at Barclays for 2 years; left 3 weeks ago for my first contract.

I won't discuss the mandatory courses as all banks have them and Barclays' ones are not that many.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          Barclays are pretty famous for hating contractors - Never worked there myself.
          Well, the young whipper snapper, I worked with, was honest enough, "I fecking hate contractors".
          80% of which made up his team.
          Horrible little chunt, although did get truly worked over by senior management regularly, much to my delight .

That having been said, it depends on the area, team etc. The area I worked with had a reputation as toxic, as I found out later.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
          X