• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fighting Back Against Late Payment Culture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps a better site would be one where an agent lists a requirement for a particular role, you can recommend a contractor and if it's a successful referral you get paid

Currently I only really get contacted for roles in my niche, but I may well know another contractor looking for a PMO role it would be useful for me to refer this person and get the free iPad or whatever other bonus the agency has on offer, the website can take a subscription payment or a fee per referral from the agencies to cover operating costs

Comment

Originally posted by CompulsiveArsonist View Post
      Perhaps a better site would be one where an agent lists a requirement for a particular role, you can recommend a contractor and if it's a successful referral you get paid

Currently I only really get contacted for roles in my niche, but I may well know another contractor looking for a PMO role it would be useful for me to refer this person and get the free iPad or whatever other bonus the agency has on offer, the website can take a subscription payment or a fee per referral from the agencies to cover operating costs
      Or get 10% of the pimp's fee for the contract + extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Or get 10% of the pimp's fee for the contract + extensions.
        Love it! When do we launch?

Comment

Wasnt that what Contractor Club did before it folded?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ctor-club.html
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Wasnt that what Contractor Club did before it folded?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ctor-club.html
            Why did it fold? I'm assuming because there wasn't enough contractors posting leads to make the idea work?

Rather than a contractor posting a lead the agency posts the requirement and the contractors help by referring suitable candidates reducing the amount of time the agency needs to spend calling people up and sifting through CVs. Many agencies already run a referral scheme this is just about tracking the actual referral.

I don't think we can cut the agency out completely, we need them to be part of the process but we can at least get something of monetary benefit out of them and at the same time help fellow contractors secure new work.

Comment

Why did it fold? I'm assuming because there wasn't enough contractors posting leads to make the idea work?

Rather than a contractor posting a lead the agency posts the requirement and the contractors help by referring suitable candidates reducing the amount of time the agency needs to spend calling people up and sifting through CVs. Many agencies already run a referral scheme this is just about tracking the actual referral.

I don't think we can cut the agency out completely, we need them to be part of the process but we can at least get something of monetary benefit out of them and at the same time help fellow contractors secure new work.
              Yeah. It's called jobserve

I'd rather spend time looking for my own work rather than trawling a load of posts in the hope I have a colleague who isn't on the bench that might be suitable and hasn't applied already thanks.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by itschrisnow View Post
                with an emphasis on late payment and non-payment.
                What a totally negative idea
                If I want to whinge I can do it here and based on the sound reasons mentioned by LondonManc probably get slated for doing so as well
                So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
                  What a totally negative idea
                  If I want to whinge I can do it here and based on the sound reasons mentioned by LondonManc probably get slated for doing so as well
                  Win, win, then
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I actually think there would be some mileage in a review site for recruitment agents, if applied in the right way. For example, it could be used to highlight unscrupulous agent/agency behaviour (which we have all experienced before) with a view to them sharpening up their practises, in the knowledge that if they don't, they would be named and shamed.

Equally reviews for positive agent/agency behaviour would also need to be encouraged, which however by human nature is unlikely to occur, as humans generally only moan about when things go wrong as opposed to praise when things go right...

So maybe not a goer, and I guess there is also likely to be any number of legal implications with any such review site.

Comment

Simply knowing which agency does percentage commissions and which does fixed price would do. You'd know who wants Bob Shawaddiwaddi in and who wants the best person in then.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X