• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hostile Environment Day Rate Adjustment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to work as a permie in Defence industry. Never went to any dodgy places but some of my colleagues did. Not for me thank you.

Not going into details for obvious reasons but even permies who went to dodgy places got a MASSIVE daily bonus. Life changing amounts for, say, 6 weeks there.

It was a LOT more than £150!!!!!

If you spend so long there (Even in a few visits) you get an active serice medal too.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      My first contract was in Slough. The trick was to get to the Wetherspoon before dark and drink champagne until you were brave enough for a group dash to the Travelodge.
      I agree I was staying in the Slough Travelsplodge or Lenny Henry (can't remember which) some years ago and some toe rag on a BMX came along with a brick and did every side window of every car in the car park and side road just for a laugh.

I didn't go back there again
      So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
        I agree I was staying in the Slough Travelsplodge or Lenny Henry (can't remember which) some years ago and some toe rag on a BMX came along with a brick and did every side window of every car in the car park and side road just for a laugh.

I didn't go back there again
        Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
        X