• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client co's tulip chair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
    What about working standing up with an upright desk?
    I would if they had the desks.
    Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
      A couple of months ago I had a back injury which coupled by client co's tulip 60's chair is giving me grief. 7 hrs a day on this thing is ridiculous. Do I

A) Buy a decent Herman Miller chair and bring it into client co's office and look like I get paid too much to the annoyance of the permie's.

B) Carry on with tulip chair and suffer in silence popping Ibuprofen every few hours like some sort of junkie.

Big client or small client?

Big client then go talk to the relevant people and get a Display Screen Assessment. (It's a H&S regulation) Then you will get a new chair. Some large clients do them automatically 4-6 weeks after you start as they have been taken to task over it before. (I've had chats with a few of the assessors.)

Small client bring your own chair in but expect it to get "nicked" so put your name in discreet places to prove it is yours. In a larger client you may find your chair on a different floor.....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I supposed I could bring my mums riser recliner in.

Jesus... Is that your mum??? I would!!!!

How old are you? Like 16 or something?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I supposed I could bring my mums riser recliner in.

Job done. They ain't going to pinch that in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Big client or small client?

Big client then go talk to the relevant people and get a Display Screen Assessment. (It's a H&S regulation) Then you will get a new chair. Some large clients do them automatically 4-6 weeks after you start as they have been taken to task over it before. (I've had chats with a few of the assessors.)

Small client bring your own chair in but expect it to get "nicked" so put your name in discreet places to prove it is yours. In a larger client you may find your chair on a different floor.....
            Funny thing about this client is they pay top money and don't mess around with renewals and increases here and there however when it comes to equipment they are completely tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

How old are you? Like 16 or something?
              I'm late 30's however the pic is for demo purposes only of an internet random.

I would too if my back was upto it.

Comment

Funny thing about this client is they pay top money and don't mess around with renewals and increases here and there however when it comes to equipment they are completely tulip.
                Yeah but that's because projects are costed and budgeted against a business models delivering savings or increased sales so money is available. Chairs comes out of a dead loss budget which probably get's chopped every cut that comes round. Spending money on chairs probably doesn't go down to well the big wigs calculating their bonuses.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My client is in the process of a multi million building refurb.
                  We are in our new area already and have electric rise and fall desks and loads of hi tech toys to play with.
                  The chairs are all new and ergonomically brilliant but I am not alone in being far more comfortable using the previous ones they had.
                  For a perhaps overlooked reason the old ones were ventilated especially the backrests, the new ones aren't and if anything are a bit too well insulated!
                  So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Exactly what I would have said

Comment

Herman Miller arrived today much to the displeasure of the permie's.

Comment

Working...
                      X