• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working inside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies people, but to reiterate my main question here in a non hypothetical frame:
    Has anyone ever attempted negotiating working conditions where they were unfavourable?

If contractors were all doing this, wouldn't it make the industry better? Why not negotiate before walking away?

Comment

Originally posted by lacan View Post
      Thanks for the replies people, but to reiterate my main question here in a non hypothetical frame:
      Has anyone ever attempted negotiating working conditions where they were unfavourable?

If contractors were all doing this, wouldn't it make the industry better? Why not negotiate before walking away?
      I've turned down contracts where the working practices were unfavourable. In my case I turndown contracts with working hours which mean I have to sit in traffic if I have to drive. I always state this to the agent.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by lacan View Post
        Because it is the law? Is that just me being naive?

If HMRC wishes to enforce IR35 better, would it not make sense to make clients just as liable as contractors? As far as I can see, the burden lies with contractors only. Even though clients are the ones writing the contracts and setting the working conditions.
        If you're that concerned or worried just go back to Umbrella. Clients don't give a hoot about your IR35 status (unless it's Public Sector and that's another can of worms)
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
        X