• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    If you have 10 concurrent revenue streams, don't you reckon you are less likely to be investigated for IR35?
    I'd imagine if HMRC wanted to take a look, they'd probably figure ten concurrent revenue streams wouldn't be low level fruit for them.

Comment

If you have 10 concurrent revenue streams, don't you reckon you are less likely to be investigated for IR35?
      nope - in fact hmrc has examples of where people have multiple income streams and they analyse them on a case by case basis - so you could have 5 in and 5 out - or whatever..

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post
        nope - in fact hmrc has examples of where people have multiple income streams and they analyse them on a case by case basis - so you could have 5 in and 5 out - or whatever..
        Indeed, individual streams can be in or out.

I'd however suspect if someone has say 10 streams HMRC would look at it and pass - rather investigating single stream companies, easier to process.

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
          Indeed, individual streams can be in or out.

I'd however suspect if someone has say 10 streams HMRC would look at it and pass - rather investigating single stream companies, easier to process.
          No they will investigate you, drag you through the courts if you have no insurance and make you an example in one of their bulletins.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you have ten revenue streams you are most probably more than a one man band so wouldn't it be slightly academic anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post
              And?

Comment

And?
                The point being is having multiple clients doesn't put you outside an IR35 investigation.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

HMRC wouldnt know you have multiple income streams at point of contact so the point is moot

Comment

Boom - just extended until the end of the year. Client really dragged their heels though, didn't think it was going to happen. Usual mix of relief and depression!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      The point being is having multiple clients doesn't put you outside an IR35 investigation.
                      I thought it was a string pointer to you being a business rather than an employee though. Although on a per contract basis I guess it wouldn't matter. IR35 is such a cluster****. I'm simply not going to think about it any more. By the time they get round to me the libdems will be in power.

Comment

Working...
                      X