• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOJ warning to US companies: Don't put American workers at disadvantage | Fox News
    The wait goes on for UK government to do the same about Tier 2 Visas being used as a cheap labour program.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
      I see a lot of RDD - Resume Driven Development
      An old boss of mine, when discussing some new tech we were adding to our system, referred to it as "CV enhancing technology"

Comment

Got turned down for something as they found someone more suitable. After nine months os searching going to have to go permanent.

That's it. My contracting career is dead. Please don't send flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
          Got turned down for something as they found someone more suitable. After nine months os searching going to have to go permanent.

Welcome to the club, and good luck
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Welcome to the club, and good luck
            I am sure people will be along to tell me how it is all my fault but ultimately the contracts aren't out there anymore.

Comment

I did the switch 4 years ago, its along journey to come to terms with it I'm still having counselling

Comment

Someone pointed out that April/May are historically strong months... well so far 5 days in April are dead quiet.

Comment

More crap roles like this - rate 50% what it should be and inside IR35!

Apologies in advance if you are not looking for a new position, if this is the case - can you please kindly advise me and I will update your preferences on our system.

If you are looking for a particular type of role and the below is not relevant – please forward on your latest CV (as it is possible we may hold an old CV of yours on our database) & advise what type of role you are looking for.

We are seeking a Programme Manager for our client based in Reading. This is an urgent requirement with a start ASAP.

Due to the service of the role this now be based on an Umbrella solution on a PAYE basis. The role is also inside of IR35.

A proven track record with the following is required -

Prince2
                  Communication with Stakeholders
                  Delivering project outcomes within budget restraints
                  Creating change plans so that areas affected are prepared
                  This is an initial 3-month contract with the potential to extend.

It will pay up to £350 per day depending upon experience.

Comment

Bad luck. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
                      More crap roles like this - rate 50% what it should be and inside IR35!

Apologies in advance if you are not looking for a new position, if this is the case - can you please kindly advise me and I will update your preferences on our system.

If you are looking for a particular type of role and the below is not relevant – please forward on your latest CV (as it is possible we may hold an old CV of yours on our database) & advise what type of role you are looking for.

We are seeking a Programme Manager for our client based in Reading. This is an urgent requirement with a start ASAP.

Due to the service of the role this now be based on an Umbrella solution on a PAYE basis. The role is also inside of IR35.

A proven track record with the following is required -

Prince2
                      Communication with Stakeholders
                      Delivering project outcomes within budget restraints
                      Creating change plans so that areas affected are prepared
                      This is an initial 3-month contract with the potential to extend.

It will pay up to £350 per day depending upon experience.
                      Might be that way for some.

However, I am seeing PS roles advertised as inside IR35, with higher rates, some more aligned to IB rates.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X