• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'HSBC is jeopardising its good standing with IT contractors by sending hundreds of technology jobs offshore.'

Going to stick my neck out and suggest that isn't top of their priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
      'HSBC is jeopardising its good standing with IT contractors by sending hundreds of technology jobs offshore.'

Going to stick my neck out and suggest that isn't top of their priorities.
      10% rate cut last year + 40 days total enforced furlough from Jan 2017 - contracts are taking a beating @ HSBC

Comment

HSBC mission statement from senior IT managers says something like we promise to cut £120M out of our IT staffing budgets which is most likely why wherever possible they are offshoring everything to India, Poland or even further\cheaper away!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
          HSBC mission statement from senior IT managers says something like we promise to cut £120M out of our IT staffing budgets which is most likely why wherever possible they are offshoring everything to India, Poland or even further\cheaper away!
          They probably spend more than that on post it notes.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
            Poor Poles.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
              ...and or Charlie!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                This and this.

Had plenty of long breaks over 14 years, the longest around a year, it has never made any difference.
                Same here. Taken a year off to go travelling, and taken a couple of 6 monthers off for various other bits and bobs. No one has ever asked, neither client or agent, but then most of my roles come via one agency and the Director there is also a friend now so he knows what I get up to when I take time off - these days doing up my house (the 6 bedrooms don't decorate themselves) and tending the 2 acre garden
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

10% rate cut last year + 40 days total enforced furlough from Jan 2017 - contracts are taking a beating @ HSBC
                  They made most of their BI teams redundant not so long ago and offshored the Cognos work. Heard today it's not going so well and they've started re-hiring skills again into canary wharf. Numpties
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    They made most of their BI teams redundant not so long ago and offshored the Cognos work. Heard today it's not going so well and they've started re-hiring skills again into canary wharf. Numpties
                    BI offshored
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The hidden cost of Agile...

Comment

Working...
                      X