• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom selecta - starting next week after 3 months out in the cold. Making back into productive society still with warchest to spare (ask me again come income tax deadline)

Oh and working from home as well, so have a gradual degradation of social skills and hygiene to look forward to.

Plenty of false starts in that time though, including 2 interesting roles where the client wouldn't make themselves available for the 2nd interview
    Last edited by PerfectStorm; 28 July 2017, 19:53.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

lets test it then

just been benched - will start looking tomorrow for a new role..will be interesting to see how long it takes. lets hope its not too interesting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by avenirv View Post
        24 years in contracting, technical. had ready 2-3 skills, continuously learning.
        in 24 years had about 12 months without contract.
        everything is about skills and physically moving after the contracts. did a lot of airplane commuting even internationally.
        but all this after the kids went to university.
        Jesus, when did you start having kids? Say you were 16 when you became a father then the kids went straight to Uni at 18 and finished 3 years later, you'd be starting your first contract at 37, then you did 24 years, that's 61 now? Possible, but I'm struggling with the credibility of this if I'm honest.

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post
          just been benched - will start looking tomorrow for a new role..will be interesting to see how long it takes. lets hope its not too interesting!!!
          HSBC?

Comment

Six month extension to my first 3 month contract. Project looks like a flier that will last until mid 2018.

Defence sector (not MoD - been there) logistics transformation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              HSBC?
              indeed - HSBC - canary wharf

Comment

Getting a 2nd revenue stream) so I'm IR35 safe) Still contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                  That might have been good for the now defunct BET's but IR35 is on a contract by contract basis so it doesn't make you safe at all. They just have 2 to look at now.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
                    Newsflash: The number of revenue streams has nothing to do with IR35

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                      Newsflash: The number of revenue streams has nothing to do with IR35
                      If you have 10 concurrent revenue streams, don't you reckon you are less likely to be investigated for IR35?

Comment

Working...
                      X