• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signed contract but not started yet!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I agree, probably NLUK has a complicated and dramatic mind.
    Quite the contrary. He's a simple type; contractors should behave as consultants representing their limited company, holding their company's best interests at heart and behaving as such. Not a them and us approach, but building a business relationship with the client. Contracting is a simple concept, made difficult by people who shouldn't be contractors.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I agree, probably NLUK has a complicated and dramatic mind.
      Maybe it's because I can't understand the simplistic posts that often dont even make sense you keep coming up with?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Maybe it's because I can't understand the simplistic posts that often dont even make sense you keep coming up with?
        If my posts doest not make sense to you, please IGNORE ME.

If you want to be the smartest person on here, you should explain why the posts does not make sense to you and give arguments that make sense.

Try to make others feel stupid for your ego does not help you.

This is not a contest.

Comment

If my posts doest not make sense to you, please IGNORE ME.

If you want to be the smartest person on here, you should explain why the posts does not make sense to you and give arguments that make sense.

Try to make others feel stupid for your ego does not help you.

This is not a contest.
          I did. I asked you what it meant. It depends on the delay doesn't exactly make much of a point so if you'll need to expand for it to be of any use.

Comment

You've said this before and we asked for a citation and you said you 'think it might'. Fancy finding us some facts to go on?
            Well I spoke to Abbey and it does indeed appear that as long as you have a proper signed contract with a specified date and the contract goes belly up before you start you can claim BUT it's only a max of £1000 and it's only if there isn't a clause in the contract about it being pulled before it starts. If the expectation on both parties is to start on the date signed it's claimable.
            Blah Blah Blah...

Oh and I'd just like to add an apology to PC for doing my usual "stick the boot in because it is PC"
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
              FTFY
              Absolutely not. He made a similar woolly comment about thinking this is the case before and I asked him for some evidence of it which never appeared. I simply asked him to provide something a little more tangible that's actually some user rather than saying he thinks it to be the case.

Totally reasonable and not sticking the boot in.

Comment

I did. I asked you what it meant. It depends on the delay doesn't exactly make much of a point so if you'll need to expand for it to be of any use.
                Bla, bla, bla...

No you didn't.

Start a sentence with "What on Earth..." or "What the hell..." nobody is going to listen to you. You can do better than this.

You could ask to be more specific or simply ask to explain each situation.

The topic isn’t specific, to know when will be the best time to "put the knife on the table" (if you know the expression). It depends on many factors involved.

Comment

Bla, bla, bla...

No you didn't.

Start a sentence with "What on Earth..." or "What the hell..." nobody is going to listen to you. You can do better than this.

You could ask to be more specific or simply ask to explain each situation.

The topic isn’t specific, to know when will be the best time to "put the knife on the table" (if you know the expression). It depends on many factors involved.
                  I always listen to NLUK and value his stylistic idiosyncrasies. Perhaps you could style your posts as you please, and let NLUK style his as he pleases.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I always listen to NLUK and value his stylistic idiosyncrasies. Perhaps you could style your posts as you please, and let NLUK style his as he pleases.
                    Is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

If they do not make me look like an idiot, I don't give a tulip about the superheroes wannabe over here.

Comment

Working...
                      X