• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Implications of not joining a contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone

I am not doing that but was just wondering what is the worse that can happen if anyone does that.

I just turned down a role which was 11% more than my current rate.

Comment

Originally posted by metallica View Post
      Thanks everyone

I am not doing that but was just wondering what is the worse that can happen if anyone does that.

I just turned down a role which was 11% more than my current rate.
      Don't lose any sleep over it. Gigs can evaporate before you start leaving you with nothing. It could also fold a few weeks after you started leaving you in the same boat. 11% isn't really enough to warrant the risk in many cases. Only needs a couple of days delay or the whole gig folding to make a strategy of jumping at every 10% look a bit poor.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Don't lose any sleep over it. Gigs can evaporate before you start leaving you with nothing. It could also fold a few weeks after you started leaving you in the same boat. 11% isn't really enough to warrant the risk in many cases. Only needs a couple of days delay or the whole gig folding to make a strategy of jumping at every 10% look a bit poor.
        Agreed, thats why turned it down.

Comment

Working...
        X