• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company "Re-structure" mid gig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnceStonedRose View Post
    Yep...... I'm only a hired software developer contractor so don't see why dev manager would confide in me about roadmap and restructure plans etc...

He has his own crew of seniors and architects and team leads for that, do everyone elses gigs always entail this sort if "pallyness"?
    In his shoes I'd do the same, I wouldn't be counting on a mercenary to help me plan for the future.

Comment

You could always ask the client what their plans are for contractors?

Despite the stories of people being binned off mid contract my experience of restructuring - especially where the word Agile is involved, has been that most clients will honour the duration of your contract in these circumstances. Unless the reason is that they need to save money in a hurry, then you're out the door.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
      X