• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts 'likely to go perm' - a new trend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside IR35 v Inside IR35 - get yer spreadsheet out and see what the equivalent rate would need to be. Then you can take your CTP contract, treat it as inside and tell them thanks but no thanks on the "to perm" bit because the project isn't what you'd hoped or some other BS.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I've had agents saying "I should take the perm, as the the government are looking to bring wages in line with perms"

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
        I've had agents saying "I should take the perm, as the the government are looking to bring wages in line with perms"
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Maybe the public sector are going to slash contract rates so they're in line with the crap permanent rates?

It's a shame because I'd like a perm gig with a council or something, union dues and all.

Comment

Unless you want to stay a contractor for other reason than money, I don't see the big deal on contract to perm in fact in some cases I see it as bonus as a lot of places tend to use a specific calc's to work out your permy salary based on day rate, more often than not I've seen the end figure being far higher than they would of offered if they had looked straight for a permy.
            I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
              Unless you want to stay a contractor for other reason than money, I don't see the big deal on contract to perm in fact in some cases I see it as bonus as a lot of places tend to use a specific calc's to work out your permy salary based on day rate, more often than not I've seen the end figure being far higher than they would of offered if they had looked straight for a permy.
              If the gig was a good one I'd be cool with that; still expect a big hit compared to contract rate though.

Comment

Doesn't really matter now. They gave the gig to someone local. Turns out the role wasn't in London as stated by the agent but 60 miles up the M1 in Northampton!

Comment

Working...
                X