• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage brokers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage brokers

Hi,

Having read the websites of the following companies, I am still not sure which one I should go for it. How do you choose a right one? any tips.

Freelancer Financials, ContractorMortgagesUk or Countrywide.co.uk

It is interesting to find that their fees are different. Any recommendations?

Freelancer Financials. I've had 4 mortgages through them. A mix of BTL and contractor and they are only charge 599.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 15 February 2016, 11:05. Reason: Removed Contact Details
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And are the normal banks/brokers as 'unapproachable' as the above companies' marketing spiel would suggest?
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Freelancer Financials. I've had 4 mortgages through them. A mix of BTL and contractor and they are only charge 599.
        This company advised me, as a way of avoiding extra dividend tax, to close my company and claim ER. Then form a new company straight away. When I suggested that my accountant dis-advised this method, he said get a new accountant.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 15 February 2016, 11:50. Reason: Contact Details Removed

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Are they the cheapest? Will they just go to HBOS anyway?
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 15 February 2016, 11:51. Reason: Contact Details Removed

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            And are the normal banks/brokers as 'unapproachable' as the above companies' marketing spiel would suggest?
            If you want to go hunting on the off chance the providor does offer a contracting option and that option does actually suit your needs (they have some very different criteria) and that provider can offer someone that has a clue how we work to deal with and that the rate happens to be the best then fill your boots.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Are they the cheapest? Will they just go to HBOS anyway?
              I dunno about cheapest. I saw the other day someone else is charging 799 so cheaper that some.

If Halifax is the best product then why not? There aren't many and from what I can tell they have different criteria. Some are pretty strict and want to know that your contract is over x months long and you've got y months left on it. I think Virgin were like that so restricted to where you are in the gig. Halifax seem to have nailed that area of the market so would be the best choice I guess. I am sure they gave me a couple of different options. I know they gave me a couple when I went with the BTL and I picked Birmingham Midshires (which you have to go to a broker for).

Comment

Freelancer Financials: very very good. Have used them a number of times over the past few years.

Comment

What about the countrywide? any good? someone told me that they are also a big company dealing with contractor mortgage. They charge 200 pounds less than freelancer financial.

The question is how you pick the right one? Do you guy talk to several brokers and then compare them based on the good deals? Any tips?

I haven't contacted them yet as I don't want to pass my personal data and information to so many brokers for comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Freelancer Financials: very very good. Have used them a number of times over the past few years.
                    Mind if I ask what you constitute good? Is it the rate you got or the fact you got a mortgage at all, based on your circumstances?

Comment

Working...
                    X