+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Mortgage

  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Mortgage

    I have been contracting for 9 months and finding it difficult to find a mortgage. Can anyone suggest a solution? I

  2. #2

    Super poster

    PurpleGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,184
    Thanks (Given)
    332
    Thanks (Received)
    162
    Likes (Given)
    2072
    Likes (Received)
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prinsa View Post
    I have been contracting for 9 months and finding it difficult to find a mortgage. Can anyone suggest a solution? I
    Contracting isn't an automatic utopia of milk and honey.


  3. #3

    キツネの帽子をかぶる

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6,472
    Thanks (Given)
    7
    Thanks (Received)
    649
    Likes (Given)
    619
    Likes (Received)
    2172

    Default

    How much have you got as a deposit? What's the LTV?
    0. Absolute Power corrupts absolutely. Moderator Power corrupts moderately.
    1. I have a low tolerance level for idiots.
    2. You have to earn my respect, demanding it won't work.

  4. #4

    Double Godlike!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    10,473
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    203
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    1297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prinsa View Post
    I have been contracting for 9 months and finding it difficult to find a mortgage. Can anyone suggest a solution? I
    Wait till you've been contracting longer.

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,860
    Thanks (Given)
    119
    Thanks (Received)
    983
    Likes (Given)
    1510
    Likes (Received)
    5006

    Default

    Speak to Ken at Freelancer Financials. They deal with different contractor specific products that will fit the bill. They will take your permie wage and contractor rate together to come up with an amount you can borrow.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 31st January 2016 at 16:32. Reason: URL Removed
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #6

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    387
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default

    I spoke to those crowd also, plus contractor mortgages made easy.

    Does anyone know if, when deciding on a deposit size, must one stick within the 10, 15, 20, 25 round numbers or do providers take any percentage one can provide?

  7. #7

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    21,793
    Thanks (Given)
    507
    Thanks (Received)
    566
    Likes (Given)
    3399
    Likes (Received)
    2643

    Default

    They will take any percentage but the deals fall into round numbers.

    So if you have a 17% deposit then you get a 15% deal. However your repayment costs will be lower than if you paid 15%.

    While this means nothing now if you get your total repayment costs you can see the difference it makes. Plus that way you know when you should move to a shorter repayment schedule and/or lower interest rates.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  8. #8

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    387
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    They will take any percentage but the deals fall into round numbers.

    So if you have a 17% deposit then you get a 15% deal. However your repayment costs will be lower than if you paid 15%.

    While this means nothing now if you get your total repayment costs you can see the difference it makes. Plus that way you know when you should move to a shorter repayment schedule and/or lower interest rates.
    Thanks. I was hoping I would be able to give my desired monthly repayments and then have a product tailored to fit that budget.

  9. #9

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,860
    Thanks (Given)
    119
    Thanks (Received)
    983
    Likes (Given)
    1510
    Likes (Received)
    5006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heyya99 View Post
    Thanks. I was hoping I would be able to give my desired monthly repayments and then have a product tailored to fit that budget.
    Freelancer Financials did that for me but when I remortgaged. They altered the end date of the mortgage until it met the payments I wanted.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  10. #10

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    387
    Thanks (Given)
    4
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Freelancer Financials did that for me but when I remortgaged. They altered the end date of the mortgage until it met the payments I wanted.
    I've been tempted to do that but wouldn't extending a 25 to 30 year mean that, although your monthly repayments are less, you're losing out more in the long run on interest? Or do you care if it gives you a home?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.