• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boss wants to move from 6 month to rolling contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boss wants to move from 6 month to rolling contract

The client after 2 months want to move from a 6 month(4 months left) to a more longer-term rolling contract, more aimed at longer-term. My colleagues seem to like me, but I don't know if my boss seems me as performing well. A lot of contractors have become perms here after 2 years of contracting, but that's not something I want.

I am wondering if there is any risk going from a 6 month to a rolling contract in general with regards to my future at the company, e.g. if they could do away with me more easily.

If you think to you've got a boss and have colleagues then just sign the rolling contract. You are so far inside IR35 it's not worth discussing.

As regard to doing away with you more easily just make sure you read the terms of the new contract. If they are acceptable then accept, if not don't. There shouldn't need to be any changes to any terms just because it's rolling but make sure they are not trying to diddle you by changing stuff.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Are you on a fixed term contract, or a day rate?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        If you think to you've got a boss and have colleagues then just sign the rolling contract. You are so far inside IR35 it's not worth discussing.

As regard to doing away with you more easily just make sure you read the terms of the new contract. If they are acceptable then accept, if not don't. There shouldn't need to be any changes to any terms just because it's rolling but make sure they are not trying to diddle you by changing stuff.

Harsh but fair. Certainly switching to umbrella would help ease the pain.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Harsh but fair. Certainly switching to umbrella would help ease the pain.
          Why is it harsh? Just cold plain facts.

Comment

Why is it harsh? Just cold plain facts.
            Bit too brutally honest. Might never see the poor chap again.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Bit too brutally honest. Might never see the poor chap again.
              Oh, that's not good. I haven't even mentioned MoO and him expecting a future at the company either.. Shame

Comment

Oh, that's not good. I haven't even mentioned MoO and him expecting a future at the company either.. Shame
                Or the bike he bought from the corporate scheme.

Comment

Best to have all this out in the open, the OP should just bring it up at his next appraisal

Comment

Haha. I am on a dayrate by the way, started 2 months ago. I had my contract IR35 checked.

But I'll just wait for the new rolling contract and read the terms.

Comment

Working...
                    X