• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boss wants to move from 6 month to rolling contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
    Yeah, I do agree, my boss (or hiring manager) wants to use me for more different things instead of just the 1 thing I was hired for. It doesn't sound worse now. I have a meeting with him on Monday.
    Boom, straight inside IR35 unless you have the deliverables sorted out on your contract. Even then, working practices will struggle to dig you out of D&C
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
      Yeah, I do agree, my boss (or hiring manager) wants to use me for more different things instead of just the 1 thing I was hired for. It doesn't sound worse now. I have a meeting with him on Monday.
      Seriously?? After everything you've been told? You've got to get it right in your head, not just put a different name in brackets to appease us. Until you do you are nothing more than a disguised permie regardless of what's happening at client site.

And all that said even your client thinks your a permie so your really are buggered with this one. I do hope your are accounting for being inside IR35. You won't be able to claim T&S from April either.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Going to a Christmas Party is fine, so long as you're paying for the ticket and permie is not. In fact, that's an IR35 positive flag because you're not being treated as a permie. I've been to a couple of events with current ClientCo on that basis, to add to the working practices folder.
        Remember you're the supplier (sometimes via a middle man, but all told that's what you are). What do suppliers do at Xmas time? Pay for the ticket as above (if you want to go) and take a bottle of something for the person signing off the invoices.

I have huge problems with 'notice periods' and I expect that HMRC do to. As luck would have it I had to bolluk the (very well known S3) agency this week as they were dragging their heels on my extension. Transpires the reason is that ClientCo want to drop from a 1 month 'period' to a 1 week 'period'. Now here's the issue this should have been sorted 3 weeks ago, and they want a 2 week 'period' in their contract (I personally don't give a fig about their contract). I don't care what the period is, I'd rather it were not there at all but to be told this was 'for my own good' (I kid you not) elicited a very unprofessional response from me. (BTW it's still not sorted despite the 'I'll sort it out in the morning').

For me the Client co can say at any time 'Don't turn up tomorrow as we've no work for your service co'. I have no issue with that at all, and I've made it plain to most of the clientcos I've worked for that this is the case. If I'm not supplying a service they want to use I'd rather go to where I'm needed.

Comment

Working...
        X