• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boss wants to move from 6 month to rolling contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    £20 quid tends to have the same effect with my missus....
    She put her rates up now she can take her teeth out then?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      She put her rates up now she can take her teeth out then?
      If you've a problem with her putting your rates up take it up with her
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you've a problem with her putting your rates up take it up with her
        No problem. The back half of her throat felt barely used btw
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The back half of her throat felt barely used btw
          Stolen!

Comment

No problem. The back half of her throat felt barely used btw
            Who told you that?

Comment

Who told you that?
              Not her, she couldn't speak with her mouth finally full.

Comment

I wouldn't be laughing about it TBH. Doesnt matter what your contract says. If you act like a permie how can you not be a disguised permie? No amount of paperwork will make you look like a business in its own right if you are giving the impression of a permie. You are making yourself part and parcel from day one. HMRC will come in and speak to your client who will tell them you are a great employee, does as you are told, attends all functions on time and is an asset to the company and bang, the house the car and everything is gone.

It could be argued the Gov is on our backs about IR35 because people just pay lip service to the paperwork and act like employees which then hits us all.

You are a contractor now. Start acting like one.

Just to add my opinion…., as a contractor of 9 years, (never worked more than 2 years at a client) and who works hard at acting like a contractor.

I recently started at a well-known bank and there are hundreds of contractors here, many started circa 2009, I can’t believe they all have correctly worded contracts that place them outside of IR35 and are working to set deliverables, from what I have seen so far the majority do not act like contractors, the bank even invited all contractors to the Christmas party and most (hundreds) attended. (that includes me as well ) Everyone is on 6 month contracts and happily accepts the next extension.

It does seem to me that looking and acting like an actual contractor is getting harder and harder, to me most contractors in large companies are hidden employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Signo_cypher View Post
                  Just to add my opinion…., as a contractor of 9 years, (never worked more than 2 years at a client) and who works hard at acting like a contractor.

I recently started at a well-known bank and there are hundreds of contractors here, many started circa 2009, I can’t believe they all have correctly worded contracts that place them outside of IR35 and are working to set deliverables, from what I have seen so far the majority do not act like contractors, the bank even invited all contractors to the Christmas party and most (hundreds) attended. (that includes me as well ) Everyone is on 6 month contracts and happily accepts the next extension.

It does seem to me that looking and acting like an actual contractor is getting harder and harder, to me most contractors in large companies are hidden employees.
                  Going to a Christmas Party is fine, so long as you're paying for the ticket and permie is not. In fact, that's an IR35 positive flag because you're not being treated as a permie. I've been to a couple of events with current ClientCo on that basis, to add to the working practices folder.

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Yeah, I do agree, my boss (or hiring manager) wants to use me for more different things instead of just the 1 thing I was hired for. It doesn't sound worse now. I have a meeting with him on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                      X