• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sub Contracting a Indefinite Remain to Leave & tax implications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Singhltd View Post
    Thats good news so far.

So the only thing i am left wondering about is if i need to transfer the sponsorship to my ltd company, would there be fees to pay & how much this could cost would be helpful ?
    There are no costs since there is no CoS to transfer if the person in question has ILR and is thereby completely free of UK immigration control just like a British Citizen.

Don't forget if you are intending to employ this person, you have a duty to check they have the legal right to work in the UK, and I must admit with the CoS subject coming up repeatedly, I'm suspecting this person doesn't have ILR and is infact contracting on a T2 General, which is illegal and would also be if you could take him on as you describe.

Cost to obtain a CoS licence is about £3k I think for a small company, and if you were to offer a genuine role to this person (i.e. not act as an intermediary) you'd need to perform a RLMT. It's not a quick process and it's not something you'd want to do to help a mate.

My spidey senses are starting to tingle now....
    Last edited by stek; 23 January 2016, 12:55.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      My spidey senses are starting to tingle now....
      No tulip.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X