• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter asking for picture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiter asking for picture

Hi All, i just got a call from a recruiter informing me that a potential employer(in europe) expressed an interest in my cv but would like to see a picture of me. is this even legal?
    Who Moved The Cheese ??!!

Everything that protects us in UK is legal in Europe... no seriously.. discrimination, disrespect, verbal abuse, overworking, under paying, etc. daily bread. Good luck

"It starts with your mug, so take a good glamour photo if you really want the job. They don't want to look at zits on your nose all day"

Heheheh

Comment

Originally posted by olud View Post
      Hi All, i just got a call from a recruiter informing me that a potential employer(in europe) expressed an interest in my cv but would like to see a picture of me. is this even legal?
      It's not that unusual in Europe, I've been asked in the past. Are you that ugly that sending a photo is likely to scare them off? send them a passport style photo or link to your LinkedIn profile if that has a photo

Comment

Yep depends on country though.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by piotrkula View Post
          so take a good glamour photo if you really want the job.
          Are you sure about this advice, I'm sure they would rather see a picture of him / her fully clothed.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Not literally... but maybe French might find it normal though..

Comment

I remind all that this is a Professional forum.

If you'd like to chat about photography, move the conversation to General.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Where in Europe? In some European countries it is normal.

Comment

Illegal or not, it's not professional.

Comment

Is it not on your LinkedIn profile?

Someone did comment in the other photo on CV thread that this would be expected in Switzerland so maybe normal practice over there. See what google says on that country and CVs?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X