• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Photo on your CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the ones mentioning star sign
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Everyone knows blood type is the true indicator of character. Bin the ones that don't have that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Got a few Indian CV's on my desk
        They all mention star sign, secondary star sign and caste, which ones should I avoid?. Need an expert on Indian astrology and caste system to make a logical and scientific decision.
        I think Brahmins are the top dogs in the caste system...

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Deutsche Telekom and Bouygues respectively in my case, and every CV had a photo, but hiring was done by IBM in both cases so perhaps it was they who insisted.

But I did once interview with an SSII in Paris where I had submitted a CV without a photo, and it wasn't binned - but the agent pulled out a camera and took a photo without a by-your-leave.
          Hiring manager could be fired at DTAG for considering a CV with photo. Laws in Germany are quite strong on discrimination. Germans have a longer memory, combined with unnecessary guilt than any other EU.country.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Got a few Indian CV's on my desk
            They all mention star sign, secondary star sign and caste, which ones should I avoid?. Need an expert on Indian astrology and caste system to make a logical and scientific decision.
            Google their caste then pick the lowest ones and only one from a high one.

Then if you find the person from the high one picking on or bossing around the others, have strong words.

We aren't in India and so treat people as equals.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
              2) He's got a photo of himself. I've always thought that's dangerous unless you are young and good looking.

What are your thoughts?
              I was at a presentation from an executive headhunter yesterday, and his advice was always to have a professional looking picture on LinkedIn, never have one on your CV.

For those that haven't worked it out yet, LinkedIn profile with no picture = fake. LinkedIn profile with sexy picture = very fake.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                We aren't in India and so treat people as equals.
                Was that an instruction ("treat people as equals") or an assumption ("we aren't in India and so we treat people as equals")?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Photos on C.V = Can of Worms
                  Last edited by CloudWalker; 28 January 2016, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Was that an instruction ("treat people as equals") or an assumption ("we aren't in India and so we treat people as equals")?
                    If you hire the Indians then it's an instruction.

If you don't then it's an assumption which is false some of the time.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm hiring Indians in India to bring them on shore for 6 months or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X