• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security clearance? Partner query?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security clearance? Partner query?

Hi all,

Im currently in the process of undergoing security clearance. I was hoping for some clarification on the process or if my current situation will cause a delay or my Security Clearance to fail.

*UPDATE - I have been through some sort of vetting as i do some voluntary work for the police - i believe its a Counter terrorist check which isn't as in-depth as SC clearance*

Question....
    So my partner is currently not a UK citizen (Not in the EU either) & hasn't lived in the UK ever.... Im currently awaiting a appeal as the spouse visa application got rejected as my (i quote) "employment isn't genuine" and they "dont accept whatsapp" as a method of contact . So im currently appealing their decision

As she is not a UK citizen and isnt living in the UK, will this cause the Security clearance to be rejected (or fail)? Or will this mean it will take longer for the clearance to go through?
    As she is currently going through the spouse visa process will this also cause the clearance to fail?
    Does the team who complete the security clearance require a interview with my wife?

*UPDATE - I know the timescales for individual applications for SC vary, but does anyone know roughly how long this will take as they have been in a similar situation? Im currently working on a contract which is due to finish in 2 months, so i was hoping the clearance would be completed by then. Lets say the SC isnt complete in 2 months and i move onto another project/contract (via umbrella company) - will this also cause more issues?*

Thank you all
    Last edited by jdotr; 13 January 2016, 21:06.

Originally posted by jdotr View Post
    Hi all,

Im currently in the process of undergoing security clearance. I was hoping for some clarification on the process or if my current situation will cause a delay or my Security Clearance to fail.

Question....
    So my partner is currently not a UK citizen (Not in the EU either) & hasnt lived in the UK ever.... Im currently awaiting a appeal as the spouse visa application got rejected as my (i quote) "employment isnt genuine" and they "dont accept whatsapp" as a method of contact . So im currently appealing their decision

As she is not a UK citizen and isnt living in the UK, will this cause the Security clearance to be rejected (or fail)? Or will this mean it will take longer for the clearance to go through?
    As she is currently going through the spouse visa process will this also cause the clearance to fail?
    Does the team who complete the security clearance require a interview with my wife?

Thank you all
    Where's she from? I had issues with my Russian partner, despite no issues previously when UK and Russia where friends, but in the end it was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Where's she from? I had issues with my Russian partner, despite no issues previously when UK and Russia where friends, but in the end it was ok.

She is from/living in Pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by jdotr View Post
        She is from/living in Pakistan.
        Cant see any issues if you are completely open and honest in your declarations and Pakistan doesn't fall out with UK!

Comment

I very much doubt this would affect SC. DV might be a different matter.

As for your wife's visa, UKBA reject everyone for any possible reason they can and can't. Lawyer up and appeal.
          Last edited by swamp; 13 January 2016, 21:03.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            I very much doubt this would affect SC. DV might be a different matter.

UKBA reject everyone for any possible reason they can and can't. Lawyer up and appeal.
            Ok thanks. Yes i know a number of people who have had their spouse visa applications rejected for trivial reasons. Ive gone through a solicitor to appeal however she said it may take up to 1 year!! She said you can either re-apply which costs approx £2000 or go through a appeal. I decided to appeal as the reasons behind the rejection were poor. All they had to do was pick up the phone and call my company

Comment

Just to add, my current SC clearance took 11 months to go through so don't bank on it or base any business decisions on it - it's just too imponderable.

Comment

My SC Clearance transfer has taken since beginning September to be TRANSFERRED and is still not complete.... Don't bank on it. It's probably been outsourced to India, so if she's from Pakistan you're f¥cked.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  My SC Clearance transfer has taken since beginning September to be TRANSFERRED and is still not complete.... Don't bank on it. It's probably been outsourced to India, so if she's from Pakistan you're f¥cked.

Just to give everyone an update. My SC was completed in 10 days

Comment

Working...
                  X