• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business bank accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I've never needed Santander customer service, but I'm happy with the account.
    Same here going on nearly 8 years never had to contact them about anything

Comment

Cater Allen here for 8+ years with no complaints.

Had to phone them up once when I locked myself out - due to the way I'd done it they had to send me a postal reset code which arrived next day.

Faster payments is a little odd - it goes the day after you request it and arrives in the afternoon but its eccentric behaviour is at least predictable!

Other then than, money goes in, money comes out, and a statement arrives every three months.
      Last edited by ctdctd; 6 December 2015, 12:22.

Comment

I use santander, it's fine now but getting online banking access was a total nightmare that ended with me writing them a written complaint and them sending me a couple of hundred quid as an apology for the huge mess they made of it.
        Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
          Cater Allen here for 8+ years with no complaints.

Had to phone them up once when I locked myself out - due to the way I'd done it they had to send me a postal reset code which arrived next day.

Faster payments is a little odd - it goes the day after you request it and arrives in the afternoon but it's eccentric behaviour is at least predictable!

Other then than, money goes in, money comes out, and a statement arrives every three months.
          I get a statement monthly.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I get a statement monthly.
            Yep - I opted for three monthly - physical paperwork is so 20th century!

Comment

I've been using HSBC since 2010 with no issues. Customer service is great, always get through on the phone and able to speak to someone in the UK. I also do my personal banking with them, so transferring money (dividends etc) is pain free. I got my mortgage through HSBC and because they could see all my accounts (business and personal) at the same time is was hassle free, I didn't need to submit any company accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Getting more and more frustrated trying to deal with Barclays. Anyone got any recommendations for a Business account that comes with decent customer service?
                Definitely not Lloyds. They're extremely incompetent. That said, they did give me £113 compensation for the inconvenience I suffered in trying to set up an account with them! Since the set up I've never had to contact thankfully!

Comment

Originally posted by kristen330 View Post
                  Definitely not Lloyds. They're extremely incompetent. That said, they did give me £113 compensation for the inconvenience I suffered in trying to set up an account with them! Since the set up I've never had to contact thankfully!
                  I am guessing Dave B has probably made his choice now, 20 months after seeking recommendations...

Comment

Metro working well for me...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                      I am guessing Dave B has probably made his choice now, 20 months after seeking recommendations...
                      Opps, haha! Well spotted. Need to remind myself to look at the dates of these posts!

Comment

Working...
                      X