• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business bank accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business bank accounts

Getting more and more frustrated trying to deal with Barclays. Anyone got any recommendations for a Business account that comes with decent customer service?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I've never needed Santander customer service, but I'm happy with the account.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Same for me. I believe Santander had a reputation for poor customer service at one point but I can't remember ever needing it in the last 7 years. Very happy with them as well.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=DaveB;2179179]Getting more and more frustrated trying to deal with Barclays.[\QUOTE]

Don't expect any improvement they have just outsourced "Run the Bank" to TCS
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

[QUOTE=MrMarkyMark;2179215]
          Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Getting more and more frustrated trying to deal with Barclays.[\QUOTE]

Don't expect any improvement they have just outsourced "Run the Bank" to TCS
          Lots of their website account management functionality is broken, hence needing to actually talk to them. Which is when the problems begin.

Have used Cater Allen in the past, but they are now owned by Santander and thats put me off going back to them.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

[QUOTE=DaveB;2179399]
            Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Lots of their website account management functionality is broken, hence needing to actually talk to them. Which is when the problems begin.

Have used Cater Allen in the past, but they are now owned by Santander and thats put me off going back to them.
            From how people have posted it looks like Cater Allen aren't accepting new accounts, I've no direct proof of that though. I've no complaints about their customer service, I would assume Santander are the same.
            Personally I'd avoid Lloyds, but they annoyed the hell out of me 20+ years ago and I hold a grudge

Comment

Another thumbs up for Santander, never needed any customer support, money goes in, money goes out without any problems.
              Online banking can be done without a stupid cumbersome token/fob thing and for any new standing orders/payment they txt you a One Time Code to your mobile phone.
              The online account also integrates with Freeagent banking import without any issues.

Comment

[QUOTE=TykeMerc;2179404]
                Originally posted by DaveB View Post

From how people have posted it looks like Cater Allen aren't accepting new accounts, I've no direct proof of that though. I've no complaints about their customer service, I would assume Santander are the same.
                Personally I'd avoid Lloyds, but they annoyed the hell out of me 20+ years ago and I hold a grudge
                Hi Tyke

I've had no problem with clients opening accounts with Cater Allen of late so don't think they are turning away new accounts? In fact, I've just today posted off a new application for a client.

Customer services seems pretty spot on too and I think this pretty much the same service as Santander too now.

I do believe they have some issue with faster payments or the lack of them though and instead think it takes a couple of days for the payments to go through from feedback I've received lately.

Martin
                Contratax Ltd

Comment

Thanks Martin, all the threads I've seen recently implied they weren't taking on new accounts, that or I misunderstood (quite possible), clearly you've the upto date info which is needed .

Cater Allen faster payments do seem a bit weird, but it's never been an issue to me as I make very few payments over the year, I doubt it's more than 20 now I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    same here

Comment

Working...
                    X