• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a result!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience in this particular case was that the agent actually didn’t even ask about my previous salary before we negotiated the rate and he put me forward for the role.
    Which means he, most probably, completely creamed you
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      <SNIP> If you want a welcome hug and a nice fuzzy feeling with no indication of the pitfalls then go to Mumsnet. <SNIP.
      Are you kidding?!! Have you been on there lately they're a bloody vicious bunch and make CUK look like a load of flower arranging Quakers!
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        Are you kidding?!! Have you been on there lately they're a bloody vicious bunch and make CUK look like a load of flower arranging Quakers!
        Shhhhhhhh!!!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I hope you asked your accountant

Comment

Thank you to everyone who left positive remarks. Someone on here was saying there is no need to gloat. That was not the point of my post. I was merely showing that despite the negative response received on here, I landed an excellent contract role on my own merit. Someone else did not know what BAPM stood for. Are you kidding??? Just take a look on Jobserve and you will find dozens of BA/PM roles, although the position I landed was a pure Business Analyst role. Someone else spitefully stated that it took 3 months to land the position - yes, that was counting August - which was DEAD!

Someone else mentioned that if I cannot take criticism then I should avoid internet forums. Very good advice. Thank you. I'd like to suggest though that I created this account to learn from the experiences of others, was very open to constructive advice and have taken on board what some have said, it seems though that in the main it is just sad old men past their prime putting others down for the hell of it.

Anyway, I am very pleased with my decisions so far and I am determined to make a good strong go of this. HMRC are certainly shaking things up (new proposed checks re 'disguised employees', much talked about dividend changes etc) - things will be changing but I am doing my homework and am in the capable hands of a very proactive and efficient chartered accountant.

Finally, every so often someone has said something very useful, so for all that, thank you. For those calling me a bloke, I am a lady,
              Last edited by joy division; 17 November 2015, 19:02.

Comment

Originally posted by joy division View Post
                For those calling me a bloke, I am a lady,

In that case, you really will need to grow a very very thick skin...
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

In that case, you really will need to grow a very very thick skin...
                  Do not assume I do not have one already.

Comment

Some on here overdo the school of hard knocks thing but contracting can be a challenging life (I call it a life choice rather than a career choice). You need to change your mindset to being a one man band with no support from HR, no cover by employment law and an HMRC who are increasingly after you.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but if it was that simple everyone would be doing it and remember the industry could be changed dramatically next week.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but if it was that simple everyone would be doing it and remember the industry could be changed dramatically next week.
                      Sadly they are which is why we have next week.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X