• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever refused to carry out tasks not originally agreed when you started your contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the amount of money I'm invoicing a day if my line manager asked me to clean a Chenobyl toilet, I'd gladly do it.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

If you give up now it's the same as cross the Atlantic a die on the beach.
      Clients want contractors that are helpful to solve their problems. You can always looking if there are opportunities for you in the market before the end of your contract.

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
        For the amount of money I'm invoicing a day if my line manager asked me to clean a Chenobyl toilet, I'd gladly do it.

...which might be an issue with SD&C, of course...

Comment

I once spent most of a day getting shut of cardboard boxes and other packaging.

If a client is dumb enough to pay me £450 for that, happy days.

Maybe I missed a calling there in fact.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

I once spent a full Saturday, for 8 hours, on a group phone call.
            That cost them £1100 for the day.

I spoke once, for a few minutes, during that whole time.

Kerrrching...
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
            X