• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract through a recruitment agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    Well I obviously don't know any better, so what is a reasonable agency cut?

I have been thinking of re-neg come extension time, though I know that's in no way certain to go anywhere.
    So are you at NAG? which agency are you with?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      So are you at NAG? which agency are you with?
      Cathcart Associates. Not thrilled with their 28 days in arrears payment either, but it was my only offer on the table after a few interviews and November and I was keen to eat as little of my redundancy money as possible.

Comment

From an agency take of £500, you should be looking at an absolute minimum of £400 (i.e. 20% margin). I reckon 10-15% agency margin is ok, so would be looking to take £425-450 from that £500. Of course, one probably doesn't know the agency rate until the contract has started, but use this knowledge to re-negotiate at renewal time.

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
          From an agency take of £500, you should be looking at an absolute minimum of £400 (i.e. 20% margin). I reckon 10-15% agency margin is ok, so would be looking to take £425-450 from that £500. Of course, one probably doesn't know the agency rate until the contract has started, but use this knowledge to re-negotiate at renewal time.
          Good call. I only found out the full details when I started asking about pay dates and all that. I think my umbrella might have unvieled the full deal. To be honest I was surprised I got shown behind the curtain.

Comment

Working...
          X