• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV or LinkedIn profile?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Humm, are you picking on me?
    You said a CV can't have fake skills on. I am questioning that statement.

I'd be picking on you if I were to suggest you are a sickie or trolling but I'm not. I asked a simple question.

I'd suggest you start 'getting' British humour as you ain't gonna last long on here if you don't.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Humm, are you picking on me?
      You are not being picked on.

A quick Google would reveal a number of high up executives who have been sacked due to fake CVs around the world.

In the UK we even have at least one current and one former government ministers of the current party who have faked their CVs.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You said a CV can't have fake skills on. I am questioning that statement.

I'd be picking on you if I were to suggest you are a sickie or trolling but I'm not. I asked a simple question.

I'd suggest you start 'getting' British humour as you ain't gonna last long on here if you don't.
        You want to be my teacher

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You are not being picked on.

A quick Google would reveal a number of high up executives who have been sacked due to fake CVs around the world.

In the UK we even have at least one current and one former government ministers of the current party who have faked their CVs.
        Of course there is, but sound stupid if you ask.

Comment

You want to be my teacher
          You wouldn't want him, he's far too strict
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            You wouldn't want him, he's far too strict
            Excellent, I will become an expert.

Comment

what is this? British humor
              This a UK forum. Expect UK humour and harmless rudeness. Don't get wound up about it.

CV faking in some places seems to be quite prolific: Why faking your CV would hunt you for life? | SCN - read the comments section as well.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My linkedin is in summary form and my cv is more detailed.If I see a job on jobserve I can check the agents history. I can also send him a message if he is one of my contacts.If I don't know the agent I send a linkedin invite and sometimes I get a phone call .

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  This a UK forum. Expect UK humour and harmless rudeness. Don't get wound up about it.

CV faking in some places seems to be quite prolific: Why faking your CV would hunt you for life? | SCN - read the comments section as well.
                  Interesting link and I'm shocked with the numbers
                  That's why I said we can't fake a CV.

Comment

Working...
                  X