• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing invoice deadline

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing invoice deadline

In a nutshell, for a number of reasons, I missed agent's month end.

Now they won't pay me until November 21; 8 weeks away.

I don't think this is acceptable - anything I can do?

If it's in the contract, not a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      If it's in the contract, not a lot...
      Oh well...

In the past I've had agencies make exceptions for extenuating circumstances.

This lot won't budge.

Comment

Not adecco by any chance?

And also a good reason why to use self billing.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Not adecco by any chance?

And also a good reason why to use self billing.
          No, ReThink Recruitment.

Comment

ReThink to go bust on 20th Nov...

Comment

Agent was a right stroppy little tart.

Slammed the phone down on me.

Comment

Sounds like a struggling agent and you're giving them a lovely interest free overdraft.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

What does the contract say? This is what you agreed to, not an arbitrary billing cycle.

Often it's stated as N-day payment from receipt of a valid invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                    What does the contract say? This is what you agreed to, not an arbitrary billing cycle.

Often it's stated as N-day payment from receipt of a valid invoice.
                    The Contractor is required to submit invoices on a monthly basis or as set out in the Schedule. If the Contractor submits any invoice more than 5 weeks after the date on which the services were rendered, ReThink will consider this a material breach of contract and will only pay the applicable Fees following payment by the Client.
                    Nothing regarding this in the schedule.

There was a separate email detailing invoice cut-off dates etc but doesn't look like it's contractual.

and another interesting clause;

The Contractor shall be entitled to charge interest at a rate of 4% per annum above the base rate from time to time of the Bank of England on any sums due but not paid from the date payment became due until the actual date of payment. This shall be in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002. The parties agree that this represents a substantial remedy in the context of the above Act and Regulations.
                    Well, my invoice terms are 30 days. They're not going to pay me for 8 weeks. Do the maths...

Comment

Working...
                    X