• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing invoice deadline

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    ...anything I can do?
    Start selling "The Gumbo Robot Raffle" tickets around the office.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      My last gig was with ReThink and I found them somewhat a pain to deal with.
      However don't they have an online portal for timesheets and then you just upload your invoice ?
      Yes, they do but what with it being the chaos of my last day & I also had to to dash to A&E with the missus it completely passed me by.

They've come back to me now & said it is out of the question for any extraordinary payments to be made without it being approved by the board & that just isn't happening.

Don't believe that but probably no point stressing over it now.

As an aside, I've never had a period end coincide with the actual cutoff day for timesheet submissions. That being the 29 Sep, I had to get my invoice & timesheet in before I'd even finished the work I was billing for.

Comment

To be fair to Re-Think they do have 'Being Different' as their motto and on their jobserve profile they stay 'Our approach is different.' so fair play to them for actually making these statements happen
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          My last gig was with ReThink and I found them somewhat a pain to deal with.
          However don't they have an online portal for timesheets and then you just upload your invoice ?
          I had trouble getting my final invoice paid by ReThink. I think mostly due to incompetence though, rather than fraudulent design.

Comment

Yes, they do but what with it being the chaos of my last day & I also had to to dash to A&E with the missus it completely passed me by.

They've come back to me now & said it is out of the question for any extraordinary payments to be made without it being approved by the board & that just isn't happening
            Nonsense.

They have admin staff who deal with the payments who work in a specific cycle. If you forget to hand your invoice and timesheet in then it costs them more to process.

Lots of agents put in clauses to cover this e.g. you have to pay them extra to process a late invoice if you want the money this billing cycle. (You need to negotiate so they only charge you what it actually costs them.)

Anyway the A&E visit wasn't due to you yourself being ill then you can't show that the agent is being a truly horrid and unfeeling individual.

Don't believe that but probably no point stressing over it now.
            Good

As an aside, I've never had a period end coincide with the actual cutoff day for timesheet submissions. That being the 29 Sep, I had to get my invoice & timesheet in before I'd even finished the work I was billing for.
            I've had that - I find it very weird. However some agents and consultancies need your timesheet to bill the client correctly asap as their own payment terms are longer.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The cut off for 27/9/2015 was 30/09/2015 with payment 21/10/2015.
              If you worked the rest of Sept then that would fall into the other period and will be paid later.

Its all on the invoice schedule.

Comment

Same thing happened to me a couple of times. Absolute nighmare, I had to spend almost 10 minutes amending my SJD spreadsheet!

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
                  Same thing happened to me a couple of times. Absolute nighmare, I had to spend almost 10 minutes amending my SJD spreadsheet!
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Perhaps getting the last invoice of a contract paid is a bit like rocking up to the home of the lover you just dumped and asking for your Luther Vandross CDs back.

My agent paid just fine for nine months but right at the death it's all gone to pot. They keep mysteriously trying to transfer the funds minus my bank account number.

Comment

Working...
                    X