• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of America Merrill Lynch Contractor rate cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gables View Post
    Out of interest, would a rate cut like this be good for IR35?
    It will be useful as it shows you are exposed to risk above and beyond a permie but it's still not up there with the three main flags. A disguised permie inside IR35 also gets hit with this as well so isn't a get out of jail card. Definitely one to be stored in the evidence file though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It will be useful as it shows you are exposed to risk above and beyond a permie but it's still not up there with the three main flags. A disguised permie inside IR35 also gets hit with this as well so isn't a get out of jail card. Definitely one to be stored in the evidence file though.
      What the these flags you speak of? *checks box of flags*

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
        What the these flags you speak of? *checks box of flags*
        MOO
        RoS
        D&C

I'll let you google those TLAs...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The contract breakers list - clients on this list are effectively saying "Please charge us 15% more from the outset".
          Last edited by unixman; 7 October 2015, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            The contract breakers list - clients on this list are effectively saying "Please charge us 15% more from the outset".
            If you can charge 15% more you should be charging 15% more, irregardless of who the client is.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
              Except that they all have rate cards so that's not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                MOO
                RoS
                D&C

I'll let you google those TLAs...
                Can I search for those using the CUK search function?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  On reflection, there are two companies on this list that I did take a gig with and guess what ... I got a rate reduction from them.

For me it's lesson learned.
                  Question is... If you knew it was going to happen would you have taken the gig?

Comment

One of them approached me last year after I suffered a rate cut there a few years earlier. I put in at £50 more than I went in on last time to pre-empt the rate cut. Didn't hear back
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      One of them approached me last year after I suffered a rate cut there a few years earlier. I put in at £50 more than I went in on last time to pre-empt the rate cut. Didn't hear back
                      £50 / hr is quite an increase, though.
                      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                      X