• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorien

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevieg83 View Post
    Just dropped a contract because of their payment & invoicing schedule.

First contract in 5 years where invoicing was monthly and like others said, paid 2 weeks after that but could pay for them to expedite it sooner.

Client was RBS so I'm surprised there was no wiggle room. Agent seemed stunned I was willing to walk away from it.

If us contractors stuck together and refused to accept stuff like this more often, it would be better for us.
    I just binned off two RBS offers cos they wanted HR F2F for both individually after sucessful phone tech. interviews. A day with no billing and 200 quid train ticket each, not worth it.

Comment

First contract in 5 years where invoicing was monthly and like others said, paid 2 weeks after that but could pay for them to expedite it sooner.

Client was RBS so I'm surprised there was no wiggle room. Agent seemed stunned I was willing to walk away from it.

If us contractors stuck together and refused to accept stuff like this more often, it would be better for us.
      So you've turned down a gig because you were being paid two massive weeks after the month you'd worked? Good job you're a BoS and not a proper business.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        So you've turned down a gig because you were being paid two massive weeks after the month you'd worked? Good job you're a BoS and not a proper business.
        Yeah, I had good reason to. Every contract I've had over the last 5 years has been invoiced weekly, paid every 2. My general business also invoices weekly with payment at NET7.

Worked for me all this time.

Comment

Unless you have something else lined up that is a bit stupid, monthly invoicing should be seen as the standard anything over that is a bonus.

Why did you reject monthly, a well run business should have no problem on these terms, if its the risk of the agency going under Lorien is a huge with a net worth of over £10m so very small chance of going under
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            I just binned off two RBS offers cos they wanted HR F2F for both individually after sucessful phone tech. interviews. A day with no billing and 200 quid train ticket each, not worth it.
            If you still had to interview with HR you didn't have an offer

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Unless you have something else lined up that is a bit stupid, monthly invoicing should be seen as the standard anything over that is a bonus.

Why did you reject monthly, a well run business should have no problem on these terms, if its the risk of the agency going under Lorien is a huge with a net worth of over £10m so very small chance of going under
              Rejected because I have a building project kicking off and monthly cashflow just wouldn't have worked with what we need to pay out to builders and tradesmen.

Not sure how it can be considered a 'standard' when it's the first time in my contracting career that it's been monthly invoicing + 2 weeks paid after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                If you still had to interview with HR you didn't have an offer
                Well more of a meeting with HR than an interview, I got the terms, rate (pretty crap) length etc agreed in email with agent and hiring guy, just testing the waters before this contract ends, been on one, two and three week extensions since March, can't last much longer...

On the other hand got a proper offer from IBM today, 20% more dosh, agent said would sent me in email, not seen a thing.......

Comment

Rejected because I have a building project kicking off and monthly cashflow just wouldn't have worked with what we need to pay out to builders and tradesmen.

Not sure how it can be considered a 'standard' when it's the first time in my contracting career that it's been monthly invoicing + 2 weeks paid after the fact.
                  I must have been unlucky then. I don't think I've ever been anything but 30 days from invoice. That said it's never been a problem so not overjoyed by it but it's certainly not a blocker.

Turning down gigs and sitting on the bench when you are worried about cashflow is a bit risky isn't it? Where is your warchest if a couple of weeks is going to be a problem?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Well more of a meeting with HR than an interview, I got the terms, rate (pretty crap) length etc agreed in email with agent and hiring guy, just testing the waters before this contract ends, been on one, two and three week extensions since March, can't last much longer...

On the other hand got a proper offer from IBM today, 20% more dosh, agent said would sent me in email, not seen a thing.......
                    IBM is my Plan B If something goes wrong with the local offer

Comment

It would be six weeks wait for the first payment but only four after that going forward shirley?

Comment

Working...
                      X