• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorien

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorien

Can't find anything recent on this, but any up to date experiences with these ppl?
    What's the crack on timesheet submission (portal or paper) & payment terms; weekly after timesheet submission, or monthly? Contracts IR35 friendly?
    Last one was with Hays so was more than happy with the weekly timesheet/payment cycle.
    Clarity is everything

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
    Can't find anything recent on this, but any up to date experiences with these ppl?
    What's the crack on timesheet submission (portal or paper) & payment terms; weekly after timesheet submission, or monthly? Contracts IR35 friendly?
    Last one was with Hays so was more than happy with the weekly timesheet/payment cycle.
    For me was;

Portal
    Weekly
    IR35 Sorted after one or two amendments

Was 2010-2011 though.......

Comment

Portal
      Monthly
      No IR35 issues that I remember...
      No problems with payments etc and only spoke to them at contract signing and when I left so no really issues with them while in gig.

They used to be a nightmare around the Opt In/Out thing saying they would only go with Opt Out contractors but I believe that has changed now. Make sure you address that aspect early.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

One issue I had was their portal system wouldn't let me enter timesheet stuff until I accepted a tabled extension that I wasn't going to accept. Think that was more of glitch though.

On the face of then it was accept or not be paid which I took umbrage at at the time!

Was sorted though TBF...

And I was either lucky/missed off to be on the Weekly, everyone else was monthly and when I went back a year or so later, I was on monthly...

Comment

Via them now.

Portal
          Monthly (paid 2 weeks after invoicing) so 6 weeks
          No IR35 issues (checked with QDOS)
          Made to Opt Out (argued the toss, but opt out or no contract...)
          Left alone since start

F.

Comment

Originally posted by foxes1884 View Post

Left alone since start

F.
            Eh? Two weeks after invoicing so why 6 weeks? You mean two weeks after the latest invoice they will pay the previous one? 6 weeks payment terms?

Still doing that are they? Am sure I had the option so thought they had changed... Odd
            Last edited by northernladuk; 23 September 2015, 22:49.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by foxes1884 View Post
              Via them now.

Portal
              No IR35 issues (checked with QDOS)
              Left alone since start

F.
              Thanks, only one I have a problem with there is the payment terms...
              Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
                Thanks, only one I have a problem with there is the payment terms...
                Ask them to change them. If the client is large then it shouldn't be a problem.

I did when I got work through them and so did virtually every other contractor through them on the client site.

I was monthly invoicing with payment within 14 calendar days. (I was normally paid in 10. ) Others were weekly invoicing with payment every 28 or 30 calendar days.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Eh? Two weeks after invoicing so why 6 weeks? You mean two weeks after the latest invoice they will pay the previous one? 6 weeks payment terms?

Still doing that are they? Am sure I had the option so thought they had changed... Odd
                  Sorry yes, my mistake. Portal only allows the raising of the invoice at the end of the monthly period for all the days in that month worked. Agency then pays the invoice generally 10-12 days later.

F.

Comment

Just dropped a contract because of their payment & invoicing schedule.

First contract in 5 years where invoicing was monthly and like others said, paid 2 weeks after that but could pay for them to expedite it sooner.

Client was RBS so I'm surprised there was no wiggle room. Agent seemed stunned I was willing to walk away from it.

If us contractors stuck together and refused to accept stuff like this more often, it would be better for us.

Comment

Working...
                    X