• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else suffering from a holiday lull?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
    Rubbish, according to the 'What a result' thread. All is fine in the contracting world.

Especially when you have been involved for all of five minutes
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Especially when you have been involved for all of five minutes
      Or work for £5.50 per hour not 550 per day

Comment

Some people get lucky, for me this year has been very poor, I have never seen it so quiet locally. It sure as hell aint going to pick up from now to the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
          Some people get lucky, for me this year has been very poor, I have never seen it so quiet locally. It sure as hell aint going to pick up from now to the end of the year.
          I get lucky. Every time I want a contract.

To be brutally honest the more time I spend on these forums the more I think there are many contractors who are either not as good as they imagine themselves to be or worth a lot less than they imagine themselves to be. The result of either of these things is bench time. And rightly so.

Of course there will be exceptions but if someone is sitting on the bench for 12 months demanding £700 p/d and turning his nose up at £550 p/d all the while he deserves everything he gets.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
            Of course there will be exceptions but if someone is sitting on the bench for 12 months demanding £700 p/d and turning his nose up at £550 p/d all the while he deserves everything he gets.
            One very savvy woman contractor, I first met on site, 16 years ago now, gave me some great first time contractor tips.

One of which was "never fix your rate".
            She then said, "Then you will be doing this, in the future, for as long as I have".

Good advice.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
              Maybe, maybe not... https://www.google.com/search?as_q=l...pe=&as_rights=

Boo

Comment

With this post, I'm not feeling so bad knowing that i'm not the only one.

Comment

Working...
                X