Pushed to Agency
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Posts 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11

    Banned


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    In NLyUK's knickers
    Posts
    7,799
    Thanks (Given)
    352
    Thanks (Received)
    304
    Likes (Given)
    2683
    Likes (Received)
    1216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Do you have any other option?

    Personally I would take the contract and keep looking.
    Have you forgotten the password for 'psychocandy' ?

  2. #12

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bremain land
    Posts
    1,525
    Thanks (Given)
    22
    Thanks (Received)
    75
    Likes (Given)
    77
    Likes (Received)
    313

    Default

    Yes I have had this with a major IT company

    Not a problem at all as rate and conditions were all agreed with end client before agency came in. It helped also a lot to get paid within a week after invoicing in stead of waiting the 90 days that they normally use

  3. #13

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    194
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    8
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    44

    Default

    Like others have said, assuming they're reputable, I'd probably prefer dealing with the agency as they'll agree to resonable payment terms. Bare in mind you've already agreed the rate, so it's not like the middle man is costing you anything.

  4. #14

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brutopia
    Posts
    8,320
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    34
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Like others have said, assuming they're reputable, I'd probably prefer dealing with the agency as they'll agree to resonable payment terms. Bare in mind you've already agreed the rate, so it's not like the middle man is costing you anything.
    Just make sure there aren't any stupid handcuff clauses in the contract. You brought the business to the agency, not the other way round.

    That goes double if the client is a large multinational: you may well get another contract with another branch of the client and there is no reason to be tied to that agency for the future.

  5. #15

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Non-Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,678
    Thanks (Given)
    334
    Thanks (Received)
    587
    Likes (Given)
    2210
    Likes (Received)
    2630

    Default

    Have they pushed you to a particular agency or do they have a PSL for you to choose from?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  6. #16
    Boo
    Boo is offline

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    856
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    12
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Why would you want to contract direct on ludicrous payment terms?
    One reason would be that the client will most likely (IME anyway) not have a suitable contract to use so you will be able to put forward your own terms based on the PCG or QDOS's contracts. The payment terms don't matter so much if the warchest is up to scratch and there is an overall reduced risk due to the better contract and fewer parties in the chain who could go bust.

    Boo

  7. #17

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,384
    Thanks (Given)
    755
    Thanks (Received)
    742
    Likes (Given)
    4942
    Likes (Received)
    2860

    Default

    Just did mine on Purchase Orders rather than contracts when I did it.

  8. #18
    Boo
    Boo is offline

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    856
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    12
    Likes (Given)
    12
    Likes (Received)
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Just did mine on Purchase Orders rather than contracts when I did it.
    Those are not mutually exclusive as it is commong for a PO to reference a contract number.

    I personally would rather have a few things spelled out so would not accept a bare PO, expecially as it will have the client's standard terms and conditions on the back which will be a) extremely disadvantageous to YourCo and b) almost entirely irrelevant to contract roles.

    Boo

  9. #19

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,384
    Thanks (Given)
    755
    Thanks (Received)
    742
    Likes (Given)
    4942
    Likes (Received)
    2860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Those are not mutually exclusive as it is commong for a PO to reference a contract number.

    I personally would rather have a few things spelled out so would not accept a bare PO, expecially as it will have the client's standard terms and conditions on the back which will be a) extremely disadvantageous to YourCo and b) almost entirely irrelevant to contract roles.

    Boo
    Totally agree.
    I was a little naive at that time, however had worked extensively with the client before, so didn't forsee any issues (late payment withstanding).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.