• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I find Scrum stand up meetings humiliating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    For years, I've found myself a bit grumpy at stand up times. It pains me to give an update and I now know why. It's because I find them degrading. They're never about 'geeing' the team up for the day and moving blockers etc. They're basically status meetings. I hate standing there, proving what I've done, watched by team leads, managers and BAs. They make me feel small and back in school.

Does anyone else hate this pointless concept?
    are you paid for your time?
    Yes - Stop whingeing
    No - Ask to be paid

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
      are you paid for your time?
      Yes - Stop whingeing
      No - Ask to be paid
      I don't get this type of response. Many people on here seems to suggest that no matter what the gripe is, the choices are suck it up or leave. Efforts to possible make the contract more appealing are dismissed as whingeing. Oh, I don't like the tea bags at ClientCo. Best terminate my contract.

Comment

I don't get this type of response. Many people on here seems to suggest that no matter what the gripe is, the choices are suck it up or leave. Efforts to possible make the contract more appealing are dismissed as whingeing. Oh, I don't like the tea bags at ClientCo. Best terminate my contract.
        When the OP is as absurd as the one on this thread what else do you expect?

If you don't like the way an increasingly large amount of IT business is done then get out or learn how to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
          I randomly insert the phase "like a cat" into my summaries to see whether people are listening.
          I think you should do a different theme every week

Someone else in your team might start playing along.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            When the OP is as absurd as the one on this thread what else do you expect?

If you don't like the way an increasingly large amount of IT business is done then get out or learn how to deal with it.
            And make the market easier for the likes of you?

Comment

Only the more ridiculous threads like "I want a holiday but I don't know how to approach it with my clients" or "I spent all my tax money, tell me how to get out of the tulip" and some of the more ridiculous (sockie) efforts.

People are supposed to be mature and experienced enough to be running a business for gawd sakes. And they don't know how to have a dialogue with their customer?

Comment

And make the market easier for the likes of you?

Hardly, I'm a Project and Programme Manager, I take the output of the meetings and manage the customer, I also make decisions on hiring and firing the likes of you.

If you don't like the standup meetings then don't put the rest of the team through your misery, they will be better off without a negative behaviour.

Comment

Is there anyone else on this forum who just "does stuff"?

Methodologies to me always look like a way of using the technical equivalent of management speak as a substitute for just doing things.
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    Is there anyone else on this forum who just "does stuff"?

Methodologies to me always look like a way of using the technical equivalent of management speak as a substitute for just doing things.
                    How do you know what stuff to just do, without any methodology? You must have one even if you aren;t particularly aware of it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X