• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do LinkedIn recommendations matter at all?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taita View Post
    I am sure you think you are unique but surely you know that little things like availability do not deter determined agents with a aggressive sales managers hounding them for results? If you are not called regularly maybe you are not in demand?
    In English please?

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      In English please?
      What bit of my English did you not understand, please? Was it the bit about how the sales process actually works?

Comment

What bit of my English did you not understand, please? Was it the bit about how the sales process actually works?
        I didn't understand any of it. It made me think you were quoting my post but answering someone else's.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
          Linkedin is the facebook of IT recruitment. Very useful phishing tool for recruitment agency workers but that's about it. Not much use for landing a decent role IME.
          I would agree were it not for the fact that LI is how I got my current contract, LI is a pain sometimes but you can make it work for you.

Comment

I am sure you think you are unique but surely you know that little things like availability do not deter determined agents with a aggressive sales managers hounding them for results? If you are not called regularly maybe you are not in demand?
            S/he actually meant hilighting availability focuses the *current* agent on the task at hand -> contract extension.
            I do the same, a change in status sends out notifications. So, as I'm linked with my agent, I know they will get an email within a couple of days stating I'm available for work from beginning of next month. Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeP View Post
              S/he actually meant hilighting availability focuses the *current* agent on the task at hand -> contract extension.
              I do the same, a change in status sends out notifications. So, as I'm linked with my agent, I know they will get an email within a couple of days stating I'm available for work from beginning of next month. Works for me.
              He

Yes, that's the point of changing status so the agent gets notified that I've started looking. I've also hidden my contacts from each other so if an agent links with me they won't get to trawl for more contacts.

Comment

Working...
              X