• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Names - What Do you Use

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Names - What Do you Use

OK, this is a first post and I know this may look odd but I need to find a new company name and was wondering what contractors use? In particular IT Contractors.

I am not expecting everyone to post up their actual Ltd company names - but a general pointer would be handy :-)

I used to have a company many, many years ago and it was XXXXXXX Computer Services - I can't use the same one for various reasons and I am stuck thinking up a suitable new one.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by ocs View Post
    OK, this is a first post and I know this may look odd but I need to find a new company name and was wondering what contractors use? In particular IT Contractors.

I am not expecting everyone to post up their actual Ltd company names - but a general pointer would be handy :-)

I used to have a company many, many years ago and it was XXXXXXX Computer Services - I can't use the same one for various reasons and I am stuck thinking up a suitable new one.

Any thoughts?
    Make it short and snappy.

I thought I had picked a winner back in the day but then when it came to writing out invoices/receipts etc, I wished I hadn't made it so long. Hardly any written correspondence these days of course but it could still be a pain for the likes of business cards etc.

Comment

As Batcher says, keep it short and sweet. I made a similar mistake with the 'Computer Services' part, I wish I'd just stuck to a single word.

Comment

I used the post code of where I grew up.

You can have a trading name which is different, of course.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Mines a bit wordy but I just use the gladius part for a trading name/logo
          Http://Www.gladiusindustries.com

Comment

Weyland Industries Ltd is being dissolved. Does that mean it'll be available soon?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
              Mines a bit wordy but I just use the gladius part for a trading name/logo
              Http://Www.gladiusindustries.com
              Your Roman sounding name with the ancient Greek looking imagery bothers me But your website is very pretty.

Comment

If you use a dissolved companies doesn't it somewhat invite misplaced hassle from its creditors or anyone else with a grievance?
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I reused the logo from an old company of mine that was more Greek themed. Ironically it defaulted too.

Comment

Is SkyNet taken?

Comment

Working...
                    X