• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

14 days notice period for contract termination meaning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vj12354 View Post
    There is no termination clause, just the a notice period of 14 days from Agency to consultant. There was no specific reason for termination, they said there are getting more experienced personal and so I have to quite.
    Just do what Faqqer said and run. It is a far better offer than many would get as a search on even just recent posts here would show you.

Comment

The only things the termination clause really protects you against would be an immediate rate reduction or the agency immediately replacing you if they find someone cheaper. These days it's quite common to get terminated with an offer of a new contract at a lower rate. Then you can expect the notice period to be honoured.

It doesn't protect you against the client not having any work.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by vj12354 View Post
        Hi,

I'm a contractor and my contract state a 14 days notice period should be given in order to end the service, before the contract end date. My question is how much penalty needs to be paid to settle the early termination?
        - Is it 10 working days (10 * day rate), which is same as 2 weeks notice period?
        - Is it 14 working days (14 * day rate).

In either case, any supporting document / link would be much appreciated. I search over the internet for a long time but didn't find any answer, Can someone please help?

Thanks,
        vijay
        Oh Dear - been away for about 2 years and not much has changed - sigh!
        Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
          Oh Dear - been away for about 2 years and not much has changed - sigh!
          It's silly season again.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X