• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does it exist a black list for IT contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Blacklist reasons would be interesting to know. Could screw up some people if jumping ship early is sufficient to blacklist.
    They would never tell anyone but the common most obvious factors would be leaving a contract early, not performing as expected or below professional expectations, not honourng notice periods etc etc.

Comment

People think 'black lists' dont exist?

OK, try telling Rullion Manchester you will be opting 'in' when they contact you about a role. Then see if you're put forward.

Have a successful interview with LBG then turn down their kind offer. See how long it takes before you get another interview with them.

Officially no blacklist but almost certainly a 'decision' not to take you.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        People think 'black lists' dont exist?

OK, try telling Rullion Manchester you will be opting 'in' when they contact you about a role. Then see if you're put forward.

Have a successful interview with LBG then turn down their kind offer. See how long it takes before you get another interview with them.

LBG & the agencies they insist on using those words send shivers down my spine not for any good reasons either

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I have clearly read the thread, and I stand by my comments. There is no proof that all of the jobs on Jobserve are real jobs. Many are there just to harvest CVs and references.
          I meant the sockie you replied to had clearly read it, NOT

Comment

Originally posted by Boney M View Post
            I meant the sockie you replied to had clearly read it, NOT
            Oh, right you are...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

if there is a black list then what is it based on ?
              is it on mobile number, email or name.
              any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                if there is a black list then what is it based on?
                CUK post count.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                  CUK post count.
                  (I thought it was based on reviving posts that have been asleep for a year...)

Of course there's a blacklist, but it's written in a black font on a black background and kept on the dark web, so even if you find it you'll still be in the dark...

For anyone who's worried that they might be on it, there's a copy on the wider world web:-

http://www.contractors.htm/blacklist

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Which is quickly reversed when there's work going that you're a perfect fit for and you're the only one available. Hence: no blacklist.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have my own black list of people who I've worked with whose ability I do not rate.
                      In my area reputation is very important as it’s quite a niche area.
                      I regularly get calls from ex colleagues when they’re interviewing to ask about potential candidates and If I think they are crap, I will say so.
                      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X